Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A question of Prayer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:20 pm 

I was reviewing the Prayer rites and had a question and possible errata. Judgement, Halo of Awe and Holy Weapon all tap into an opponent's Damnation score. Since adversaries no longer have Damnation per se, is it safe to simply replace references to that score with Hell's Favor?

So holy weapon would do bonus damage equal to target's Hell's favor, for example.

Tom

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: A question of Prayer
PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:42 pm 

Blusponge wrote:
I was reviewing the Prayer rites and had a question and possible errata. Judgement, Halo of Awe and Holy Weapon all tap into an opponent's Damnation score. Since adversaries no longer have Damnation per se, is it safe to simply replace references to that score with Hell's Favor?

So holy weapon would do bonus damage equal to target's Hell's favor, for example.

Tom

That errata has already been made: viewtopic.php?p=6172#p6172

PCI Eric wrote:
All rites and effects that check against Damnation, also check against Hell's Favor - using the higher of the two values if the target possesses both. Anything that states it does not function against creatures without Damnation also functions against creatures with Hell's Favor.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:22 pm 

Thanks HF. I really need to go through that errata thread and update my rule book PDF.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:02 pm 

Speaking of Prayers...wow is Halo of Awe powerful with a high True Faith score! :)

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:17 pm 

Yeah, especially when you compare it with Judgement and that 3 round casting time. One more reason to consider reducing that one.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:55 pm 

Blusponge wrote:
Yeah, especially when you compare it with Judgement and that 3 round casting time. One more reason to consider reducing that one.

I don't want to call for any nerfs, and I'll admit I'm not familiar with the spell system. However, Mastery levels of 6-7 are pretty easy to reach early on, so adaptstions to spells that are supposed to be tough at our tier of play need to be looked at. What Mastery level is expected at this level of play?

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:56 pm 

I'm not really talking about nerfing anything. As it is, i think the game runs a bit too low powered. I've thought about reducing the casting requirements for Judgement for my game, but my one player who would be affected doesn't mind the requirement, so I'm not going to push it. There are a handful of talents I'm revamping for my home game though.

I get the impression that WH hasn't had much in the way of consistent high level play. That's something, my players willing, I'm looking to change. I would really love to see an adventure designed to challenge rank three heroic characters and veteran players. I'd just like to see the scope of such a thing.

Offline Profile