Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Rite Action Categories
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:27 pm 

Sounds very good, Eric. Gives players something to do while they wait to complete rite prep. Not in all instances, but enough.

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:58 pm 

This still is vague..

I get if a Prep time is "2 Rounds" and understand if actual enacting the rite is listed as Rounds/minutes etc. However many of the rites list enacting as "1 Round".
Example Eldritch Blast

"Time 2 Rounds/1 Round"
So the mage would spend 2 rounds completing a Magical Complex action, then on the third round would he need a magical complex action? Magical Quick? Magical Trivial?
Reference to Magical actions on page 188 indicates that this actions are "Represented" However this is not the case all rites are represented as Rounds/minutes/hours/days.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:58 pm 

OrionTheBold wrote:
This still is vague..

I get if a Prep time is "2 Rounds" and understand if actual enacting the rite is listed as Rounds/minutes etc. However many of the rites list enacting as "1 Round".
Example Eldritch Blast

"Time 2 Rounds/1 Round"
So the mage would spend 2 rounds completing a Magical Complex action, then on the third round would he need a magical complex action? Magical Quick? Magical Trivial?
Reference to Magical actions on page 188 indicates that this actions are "Represented" However this is not the case all rites are represented as Rounds/minutes/hours/days.

I'm not really sure I understand what you are getting at here.

Yes, the initial wording was vague. The edited/errata-ed version is much less so. If any preparation time listed in turns (rounds would be more clear, I'll admit) is a Quick Magical action, then the answer to the last part of your question is Quick, unless otherwise specified in the text of the spell. Right?

I'm not arguing against a need for clarity — by all means, be clear — but I'm not seeing how the edited text is still that vague.

Tom

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 7:09 pm 

Post edit:

Quote:
Time: Amount of preparation time required before a rite may be attempted/number of rounds(emphasis mine), minutes, or hours that must be spent, uninterrupted, performing the rite. The preparation of the rite must immediately be followed by the performance of the rite, unless otherwise stated. The exception to this rule is Hermetic Magic which allows the practitioner to prepare a rite in advance of enacting it (see WH2E Page 167). Any preparation time reflected in rounds is a Quick Magical Action (emphasis mine) each round.
Defense: If it is an attack, the defense targeted will be listed. Any Rite listing an Attack is also an Attack Action.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2