Last visit was: It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Help with a character concept
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:25 am 

I'm thinking of a labourer (Cornish miner) who has a run in with some knockers (either good or bad not sure yet)

But my question is what order would be best for this type of character ?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Help with a character concept
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 9:29 pm 

Hmmm...you haven't given us much to work with.

The easy answer is the Stalwarts, but that because your origins lie in the Isles. Perhaps rather than help travelers on the road, you show up at mining camps Pale Rider style and help out. But that's not going on anything other than one word.

Your background kinda rules out the Crusaders. Your character isn't a Ghost Person obviously. Sunwise Circle would be a stretch. Stalkers would be an easy fit. Ashen Cross could work if you have Jacobite leanings.

So yeah, Stalkers or Stewarts. What else ya got?

Tom

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:38 am 

Sorry it was a very basic idea that came to me I'll try to put a little more meat on the bone.

Jacob tucker is a miner from a small community. He worked in the mines from an early age being taught his trade by his father and grandfather. He was also taught the ways of the earth. That to keep the miners safe you had to pay tribute to the knockers, Mythical creatures that extended their protection to miners.

He worked up to gang leader and went deeper with his team to reach the richest vanes. There's was a cave in and his team were trapped with the air running out his men started to die until he was the last one left. With his last few breaths he made a pledge to the knockers if he survived he would dedicate his life to protecting all that tended the earth from the fingers of evil.

Suddenly he heard a knocking and the solid cave face creaked open before him and a small group do little people walked out.

He's not sure how long he stayed with the knockers but he was eventually lead back to the surface when he had recovered. As he stepped out into the morning light the knockers reminded him of his pledge and gave him a simple iron bracelet as a reminder.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:17 am 

Thank you for elaborating. I still don't have a better clue than Stewarts or Stalkers.

What drives this guy? What sort of witch hunter is he? Is he a mysterious stranger, soft spoken and alert? Is he a zealous killer who sees the supernatural in every shadow and under every rock? Is hs foremost concern that the demon be banished/destroyed, or that those who lie in its path are lead to safety.

A better way to put it: what manner of man is he? That will tell us a lot more than "he's a Cornish miner."

Tom

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:02 pm 

Hello,

jamat1066 wrote:
I'm thinking of a labourer (Cornish miner) who has a run in with some knockers (either good or bad not sure yet)
But my question is what order would be best for this type of character ?

As Blusponge has stated, there's not really a lot to go on with just this short description.

I agree, that given just this information, the Stalwarts or the Stalkers would be the best fit.

Another option is to make the character a female (given the alternate history we're playing in, women did do a lot of the traditional male jobs) she could be a Sainted Mother. Given the history of the Sainted Mothers with the Court of the Fey, perhaps a Sainted Mother was tracking down the errant Knocker and when clashing with it, your character turned and fought rather than having run away like the other miners.

A bit of a stretch, but still plausible.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile