Last visit was: It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:11 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hellpoints: let's talk about them...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:54 am 

Hellpoints are discussed briefly in the rules, but that's about all I've seen done with them. They haven't been featured in any of the published adventures, and I don't know of any DP rounds that involved them (though I could easily have missed those). None of the sourcebooks to date really dwell on hellpoints. I don't even remember them being brought up in the Aztecs book.

So what have you done with Hellpoints in your game? How do you envision them in the WH setting?

Myself, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be worth adapting Deadlands' Fear Levels to WH for Hellpoints. In short, the closer you get to a true hellpoint, the more reality gets warped, to nearly fantastic proportions. Likewise, fear checks get more difficult proximit to a Hellpoints. Folks that live near them hunker down in fear or go mad. Naturally, when the cadre blow in and seal up the hellpoint, they get cool rewards and bragging rights (something most of the orders need: GOOD PR!).

Or, do you envision them more like the hell mouth from Buffy the Vampire Slayer: a feature of the landscape that can be contained, but never truly eradicated or sealed (without great sacrifice)?

Or both?

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Hellpoints: let's talk about them...
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:44 pm 

I can tell you that you will see more on Hell Points soon in a published product. Specifically the general details of one. In theory, a hell point could be any of the things you describe, which may have a lot to do as to what part of 'hell' it connects to.

There was a hell point in DP that was sealed with the blood of an angel.

Offline Profile