Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: All Hallow's Eve Fest
PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:53 am 

Ok everyone, Halloween is right around the corner. In the spirit of the season, let's put up some cool WH material. Anything goes.

Here's my first contribution:

The Grey Pilgrim wrote:
A strain of boogeymen, the böögg haunts the desolate climes and isolated mountain villages of the Alpine mountains. These fiends have been encountered as far east as the Carpathians. They are dormant most of the year, only creeping from its hidden lair after the first winter snowfalls. Indeed, the böögg itself may well me a monstrous manifestation of winter itself, a horrid Jack Frost. The böögg haunts the wintery mountains by night, preying on those who cross its path. They are ambush hunters, always striking by surprise. They are capable of burrowing through the heavy snows and dragging unsuspecting victims to a frozen death. Many of their victims are not seen again until the spring thaw. All the victims share a common trait: a grimace of abject terror, punctuated by death.

Accurate descriptions of the böögg are hard to come by, for the fear they exude makes rational thought in their presence impossible for most victims. All böögg wear a wooden mask, the likeness of which is different for each creature. I have been told the revelation of a böögg’s face is enough to strike men dead with terror. I am suspicious of these claims myself.

The rest is here.

More soon!
Tom

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: All Hallow's Eve Fest
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:51 pm 

Post II is up. This time, the Ghoul.

The Grey Pilgrim wrote:
Many hardened Witch Hunters of the old world associate ghouls with the living dead. The Stalkers of the Unseen Hunt, who among the Orders of Solomon range farthest across the world, know better. While it is a name that has become associated with the ravenous walking dead, the word “ghoul” has ancient origins in the Holy Lands and the deserts of Arabia.

Ghouls are lesser spirits, related to the fey and the djinn that cross over from the Invisible World to prey and feed on humanity. They are nocturnal shapeshifters who feed upon the corpses of the dead, but prefer fresh, living meat. They strong and cunning foes, they are ambush hunters and avoid large bands of men, preferring to stalk isolated targets. Some are known to assume alluring forms to draw travelers off caravans where they can be devoured unseen. Others steal into the homes of sleeping victims.

Enjoy!
Tom

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:40 am 

When I started this whole thing, I promised something Egyptian. Here is the mummy, a new strain of revenant.

The Grey Pilgrim wrote:
A Mummy might lie at rest within its tomb for centuries until disturbed, either by tomb robbers or curious explorers. Awakened from its rest, the mummy spares no effort to seek out and destroy those who have intruded upon it.

I have encountered two types of mummies in my travels across the deserts of Egypt. There are no doubt more throughout the East and perhaps even in the New World.

Stay tuned! I have a big Halloween finish planned.

Tom

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:05 am 

Last post in the series is up. Profane Rites of Necromancy. A few gruesome new rites to bedevil your witch hunters.

Enjoy!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:27 am 

Very nicely done, Tom. Not only an enjoyable read but a great resource for Witch Hunter GMs.

Thank you!

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 8:24 am 

Thanks Henry! Glad you liked them. It was a fun exercise. I'm looking forward to testing some of them out in play, especially the mummies and the necromancy spells.

Offline Profile