Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Adventure Journal Questions
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 7:51 am 

I "ate" the three mods at last year's Origins and got my Volunteer Cert (the relics didn't make it into the core book, correct?) plus Adventure Journals for the three adventures (I don't think there were separate Volunteer Adventure Journals, at least none I saw). I'm not really sure how to fill out my own in preparation for this year. Do I sign my own? Obviously, the Fellow Witch Hunters section is going to be blank.

I have another clarification about the Survivor Points section. Is the Starting SPs just what you have left over? Is advancement to Rank II only based on Accumulated Career SPs? Do leftovers count towards this total? Trying to figure out if Flawed characters are 2/3 closer to Rank II at creation than those without Flaws. I asked this a while back but never really got an official answer.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Adventure Journal Questions
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:20 am 

The Relics did not make it into the book, correct. Instead I plan on allowing you to either choose a Rank 1 Relic from either Invisible Cities of the Rites and Relics book when it comes out.

You can sign your own sheet or you can have me sign it for you after I get to Origins on Wednesday.

The bonus flaw xp is something I have an issue with. It seems like it would push you closer to Rank 2 and I need to consult with Eric as to whether this is intentional or a side affect.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:38 pm 

Did we ever get a reply to this? My wife was just asking me how many SPs she needs to earn to get to Rank II.

Thanks,
Scott

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:54 pm 

We got a partial one from TPTB at Origins, Scott. Your SPs from Flaws do not count towards advancement, though leftovers do (in most cases, 5-10). I'm not sure if there's a benchmark (like holding 100 SP, which would be weird), but that didn't come up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 7:43 pm 

If I understand that correctly, that sounds odd... So we start with 300SP to build our character. We can gain another 100SP if we take 3 flaws. The 100 from the flaws don't count. That makes sense to me. But if I understood you, if we use 290 of those 300 at character creation, leaving 10 remaining, then those 10 remaining count towards advancing to Rank 2??? What's to stop someone from only using 10 of their 300 at creation, leaving 290 that count towards reaching Rank 2, and then spending those 290 to advance after playing their first adventure?

Scott

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:58 pm 

That would be the benchmark in question. That was the answer at the time. There may be a different one now, but I'm quoting, not offering interpretation or rationalization :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:26 am 

How is this a question? Other than the 100XP from Flaws not counting (Which makes sense but is now an exception), Rank is based upon TOTAL SP not EARNED SP. The chart says including your starting SP, you are Rank II at 450 SP. Therefore if you spent all 300 or spent only 100 and then spent the other 200 later, you're still 150 away from Rank II.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:00 pm 

Wow... I can't believe I missed that. "including the starting points from Table 2-3"

Thanks, John.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:45 pm 

Captain Obvious is the worst kind of villan, he attacks indiscriminately, and is relentless.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:38 pm 

Harliquinn wrote:
How is this a question? Other than the 100XP from Flaws not counting (Which makes sense but is now an exception), Rank is based upon TOTAL SP not EARNED SP. The chart says including your starting SP, you are Rank II at 450 SP. Therefore if you spent all 300 or spent only 100 and then spent the other 200 later, you're still 150 away from Rank II.

John

Quite frankly, the game is intended to be Rank I (barely) with gritty+100SP of flaws. I assumed I was clear enough, but I was not. So not counting the XP from the starting flaws is basically a Revelations campaign rule - which is perfectly fine.

I personally think Gritty is the best starting level.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2  Next