Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Conversion Guidelines/Policies
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:28 am 

Hey Paradigm Crew,

I was curious what the policy was for posting conversions of 1st Ed material here in the forums? Specifically critters from GToA. That might include cribbed conversions of powers, prices and talents as well. I'm not aware of the rules from the old forums, but I remember at least one post where they sounded somewhat strict. Some guidance would be helpful.

Thanks,
Tom

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Conversion Guidelines/Policies
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 12:45 pm 

Hello Tom,

While I don't mind one or two specific examples of a converted creature or rule, a wholesale conversion of a book (or even a good portion of it) would not be welcomed.

Clint is working on converting the Grand Tome of Adversaries so we can get it out as quickly as possible, even if its only as a PDF for the moment.

However, this brings up a question that Eric, Clint and I have been talking about: Would people prefer to see the 1st edition GToA converted as is to 2nd, would they like to swap out some of the less interesting/useful creatures for new ones, but keep the same page count, or would you prefer to keep all the monsters but add enough to make it a full 256 page book?

I'd be very interested to know how others feel.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Conversion Guidelines/Policies
PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:14 pm 

Henry,

I'm about as interested in doing a bulk conversion of GToA as having extensive dental work. But I have plans for my home game and two critters I'm working on converting. So I thought I might post my interpretations of those eventually, for feedback at the very least.

As for GToA, I'm going to be a rabble rouser and say BOTH. By all means, shake up the contents of the book. Drop some critters and replace them. But what would be cool to see is a PDF supplement released around the same time or shortly afterward that included the trimmed critters. That, to me, would be the best of both worlds.

But more than even that, I really want GToA2 (or said supplemental PDF) to include the tools I need to do my own conversions. So long as I have those, I'm a lot less concerned what critters are on the chopping block.

Maybe you could also host a poll of some of the critters on the chopping block and see which of those deserve a second chance. Maybe save the top three. Just a thought. It gives the customer a voice in the matter at the very least.

Tom

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile