Last visit was: It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: 2nd pdf recommended changes from 11/15/2013
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:13 pm 

Some errors in the new sent pdf from today:

- p.68 Entertainer: Kit: Disguise Kit - There is no Disguise Kit in the Wealth and Witch Hunting part of the book.
- p.72 Midwife: Kit: Healer's Kit - There is no Healer's Kit in the Wealth and Witch Hunting part of the book.
- p.74 Physician: Kit: Healer's Kit - There is no Healer's Kit in the Wealth and Witch Hunting part of the book.
- p.76 Scholar: Lore - Power seems senseless. Instead of rolling a skill you have to 100%+ability you can instead only roll the same ability?
- p.78 Shaman: You are Known to the Spirits - Power seems senseless. Difficulty for Interaction rolls is set through prior disposition and the only Interaction skill with Intuition is a passive one: Empathy.
- p.81 Step Four: Reading a Witch Hunter Order: Name: Sentence needs a point at the end.
Background Skills: Second sentence: Ability score not Abilitys core.
Order Powers: Second sentence: seems redundant to first sentence.
- p.85 Left column: Fourth sentence: "I shall not" should be bold, the whole paragraph should be a line lower and indented.
- p.95 Order Powers Rank1-3: Seem questionable. You get the benefit of 1/6 of your Survivor Points. Rank 1 300 P./Basic Talent 50 P.; Rank 2 450 P./Greater Talent 75 P.; Rank 3 600/Heroic Talent 100 P.
- p.82/84/86/88/90/92/93/96/97 First paragraph after the Order name: No coherent text order over the Orders. 1. Fluff, Other Names, Area of Origin; 2. O.N., A.o.O, Fluff; 3. O.N., A.o.O., Fluff; 4. O.N., A.o.O., Fluff; 5. Fluff, O.N., A.o.O; 6. Fluff, O.N., A.o.O.; 7. O.N., A.o.O., Fluff; 8. Fluff, O.N., A.o.O.; 9. Fluff, O.N., A.o.O.
- p. 104 Unlucky: Flaw does nothing. You can't use Hero Points in that way.
- p.106 (whole skill section but I took it for the table)/256 (char sheet p.2: skill table): Different skill names: Marksman/Firearms, Unarmed/Grapple, Boating/Sail, Mysticism/Occult.
- p.256 Skill table: Reason: Speak Language is missing.
- p.255/256: there seems to be no place for Virtue and Sin.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: 2nd pdf errors from 11/15/2013
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:43 am 

I'll do what I can to go through the new PDF over the weekend, kids naps and honey dos permitting.

Stamina, p 64
- Indent second paragraph
- The astrick associated with the health track table needs to be attached. (*Dying characters...")
- indent last paragraph ("For more game information...")

Advancement, p 100
- consider dropping the picture in bottom left corner for extra space. The advancement table is VERY crowded as is.

Boating, p 110
- extra space before B in Boating

Material Strength Table, P 189
- the table headers are inconsistent with the other tables in the book

Action Rolls, p 183
- not to be picky, put you might consider swapping the positions of the Attack Example and the Role of Time sidebars. Having the Attack Roll Example on the same page as the Attack rules section would be more helpful.

Threat powers, p 237
- fix table paragraph overlap

Soulcraft, p 243
- add space before power header

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 10:46 am 

Tom,

I just spot checked on of your points, as I was specifically looking for places where the any art or charts overlaps text.

I looked at the page you mentioned and this is not the case. Am I looking at the wrong page?

If you mean that one portion of the chart is longer than the other, that's not an error. At this point, we're going to concentrate on actual errors and not stylistic and subjective points.

However, if there is an actual error, then please point it out.

Thank you,

Henry Lopez

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:36 am 

Blusponge wrote:
Material Strength Table, P 189
- the table headers are inconsistent with the other tables in the book

I will change that today

Quote:
Action Rolls, p 183
- not to be picky, put you might consider swapping the positions of the Attack Example and the Role of Time sidebars. Having the Attack Roll Example on the same page as the Attack rules section would be more helpful.

They are on the same overleaf, so the examples are on the same open point for a reader of the printed book.

They are different lengths, the amount of disruption to every following page would be enormous and it is not a reference item - once a person reads and understands the process it would not need to be found again.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:26 pm 

PCI Eric wrote:
Blusponge wrote:
Action Rolls, p 183...

They are on the same overleaf, so the examples are on the same open point for a reader of the printed book.

Ah! Now that's something I wasn't able to see. Sorry, breezing through the pdf and scribbling notes, stealing a few minutes during Dora the Explorer doesn't allow a lot of in depth analysis. I can sell that if they are on facing pages. And, BTW, thanks adding the attack example in this section!

Quote:
They are different lengths, the amount of disruption to every following page would be enormous and it is not a reference item - once a person reads and understands the process it would not need to be found again.

Graphic designer by trade and VERY much aware of spacial demands and how tricky those can be to overcome sometimes. Though there are times they can be worth the effort. Which brings me too...

PCIHenry wrote:
I looked at the page you mentioned and this is not the case. Am I looking at the wrong page?

If you mean that one portion of the chart is longer than the other, that's not an error. At this point, we're going to concentrate on actual errors and not stylistic and subjective points.

However, if there is an actual error, then please point it out.
[/quote]

Just to be clear, we are talking about the Threat Prices table on page 237, where the Animal Control header and section butt right up against the table. I considered a screen shot, but I don't think that's necessary.

Ok, no actual error here, but I wouldn't call it entirely stylistically subjective either. I'd put it up there right under having an image split a line of text. Since the follow up section (Threat Prices, pg 244) doesn't mirror that style, it looks like a formatting error – like something your layout guy forgot to fix, though the real answer probably has to do with spacial demands of the page. I get that. I'll bet you could buy yourself the same space by dropping the leading for the page (NOT just the entry or column, for the love of all that's holy!) by 0.1 or 0.2 points and/or dropping the space between lines by 1 pt.

If you insist on keeping it this way – and I understand why you might choose to do so – AT LEAST add a bit of padding (2 pts, maybe?) between the right border of the table and the left edge of the text. Right now, "This power..." and "to control..." butt right up against the edge of the table and don't help it one bit (again, lending to the appearance of a layout oops).

If you need actual errors, the last cell of the Power Malus (Offensive) table has an arrant border on the left hand side. Oh, and you forgot to add asterisks to any of the powers that can be Enhanced (Blast Attack is right there on the page).

(Or don't add asterisks to the table, remove the sentence beginning, "Those powers listed...," and viola, you've bought yourself 3 lines! Or, add asterisks, remove the sentence, and insert it in the socket beneath the Powers Veneficum table where Animal Control currently resides.)

Sorry guys, I just want to stress this is not me looking at the book and saying, "you chose THAT font? Blah!" It does look like someone missed a page by mistake.

Really, the book looks so damn good, it's hard for me to let something like that slip.

Tom

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:22 pm 

Basic Talents table, p 121
- animal Empathy benefit: add space between +1 and Animal.
- all bonuses need to be +Xd. Right now, many are just +X. This seems to carry through all three tables: basic, greater, and heroic.

Backgrounds, midwife, p 73
- Kit grants me a healer's kit, but no such kit exists (p 148)

Tom

Offline Profile