Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Grand Tome of Adversaries KS launches soon
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:42 pm 

Harliquinn wrote:
You might consider a custom adventure/set of adventures that you write for that pledge level. Those that pledge can then run the adventure on their own. This could be something like $200-$300 dollar.

Eh. That doesn't sound very cost effective to me. I think you'd get more buy in making by making this a stretch goal. Given the time it would take to write, playtest and edit that adventure, I don't think there would be much profit left in it at that rate. Sure you could up the number of limited backers, but that sort of waters down the "special" aspect of it.

If you look at the original WH2 KS, they offered up a PCI rep to run a special event at Origins or GenCon for your group for $500 and didn't get any takers. So I think this sort of thing needs to be measured against that.

Now, one way this MIGHT work would be this:
+$100: You can your group get a chance to playtest a forthcoming published adventure. The names of your group will be listed in the credits and you'll receive a special advanced WHR cert for your character. Now, that might seem odd to pay for the privilege of playtesting, but the cert and the bragging rights might be worth it to some folks depending on the adventure. Plus, can you play the published adventures (Legion Cycle) as part of WHR? If not, this could be a pretty rare treat for some folks. Limit it to 10 backers and there you go. Plus, the adventure would eventually be published (in only in PDF), which is better for the bottom line.

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:04 am 

I completely missed the post about that reward idea, Henry. I would be up for a reward like that, though I'd have to get some other WH players, as my local group has about 3 at the moment. And yay, finally backed the project (was waiting on payday, as my vacation was a little too much fun :) )

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 11:43 am 

Encali wrote:
And yay, finally backed the project (was waiting on payday, as my vacation was a little too much fun :) )

Thank you for your pledge, Paul. It's greatly appreciated!

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2015 12:42 pm 

Less than 24 hours and about $3200 to fund the Grand Tome of Adversaries. We had a nice surge over the evening but need to push a little bit harder to make this book a reality. So please get the word out (again) to your friends!

Here's the link: http://tinyurl.com/mhltn6o

Thank you and we'll see you at the finish line!

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2