Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: WH1 Conversions
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 6:08 am 

Are there any plans to release anything along the line of a conversion guide to bridge the two editions? I'm not so concerned about character stuff, more with converting things from the Grand Tome to 2nd Ed. I know there are plans for a 2nd edition of GToA, but that seems to be a ways off.

Tom

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: WH1 Conversions
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:48 am 

Hello Tom,

There aren't any plans to create a conversion guide, given that we still have plenty on our plate, but the GToA may not be as far off as you might think.

While it certainly won't be out by the end of the year, we do hope that sales are strong enough for the 2nd Edition to warrent a new GToA sooner rather than later.

So you (and other fans of the series) can help by spreading the word about the game. Go onto other RPG-related forums and talk to people about it. Every little bit helps!

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:32 am 

Well that's certainly good news that the wait might not be as long as I feared. I'm already in the process of starting up a game on Roll20 for some of my old friends, many of whom no longer live in the DFW area. So I'll have a lot more to talk about, especially once the book goes to print and we start seeing some traffic around here. The deeper I dig through 2nd Ed, the more important I'm seeing a new edition of GToA being. Lots of tools got left on the cutting room floor that I like to have at my disposal as a GM.

So lets talk about damage then. With the change from a fluctuating defense dice pool to a static defense stat, are there any guidelines we can use to bring damage up to snuff from 1st to 2nd Ed? I'm specifically looking at the fire and poison hazards here. Weapons didn't get a DM upgrade with 2nd Ed, but the character got to add dice from their Attribute to the damage total. So should the DMs for fire and poison stand as is, or should they be doubled? (I'm sure I heard that somewhere before the forum switch, that damage scores for 2nd were essentially doubled.) Or is there a better patch?

Eric, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this one since you are the conversion mastermind.

Tom

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:01 pm 

Much like Minions, hazards will have a threat level that reflects how many dice they roll for anything relevant (including damage)

Offline Profile