Last visit was: It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: WH Larps
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:19 am 

I was busy during these times can any one share their opinions?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: WH Larps
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:35 pm 

As I mentioned in another post I had a blast playing. Had way more fun than any Arcanis Larp I ever played. I thought the mechanics were simple and worked rather well. I look forward to next year!

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:31 pm 

Care to post a synopsis of what went on?

Witch Hunter: The Invisible World Unofficial Home on Google+

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:09 pm 

I'm sure others with better memories or who took notes could do a better job, but here goes: On the first night we were basically villagers having to deal with a possible witch in our midst (she was accused and in jail awaiting a trial/burning). In to process of investigation we encountered and killed a vampire, investigated and cleared several possible additional candidates who could have been the witch, and finally fought and defeated the baker who was the real witch. This Larp was about the process of becoming Witch Hunters. We had a farmer (me), the baker, blacksmith, the mayor, a lawyer, and some other roles I can't remember at the moment.

The next night we played actual Witch Hunters drawn to an abandoned village on the edge of the Pennsylvania frontier. Investigating we found signs of foul play and evil activity. We enountered and dealt with some cultists, then enountered a creature who transported us to another plane where we dealt with the source of the trouble, a snake-like creature named after the Egyptian god Apep. After dispatching said beast after a furious battle we were able to be transported back to the Mortal realm but not before I had a meeting with Osiris who as I was a farmer offered me some aid. During the Larp everybody had a chance to ham it up and get into character. As my Sin was Lustful I spend a good deal of time (successfully I might add ;-) chasing Dawn's hot-blooded Spanish character. All in all it was a great deal of fun.

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:08 pm 

The difference in the two WH LARPs vs the Arcanis LARPs are that most LARPS are set up like mods/adventures. This applies to the average LARP in general though vs Arcanis ones. Even though they are very free form so that players can create their own plots, especially among each other, they follow story telling devices of set up, conflict, and resolution. Arcanis LARPs are not mods. Their premise is to allow players the freedom to derail Henry's plans and go for agenda's that your character has, but can't really get at during mods. Not that the ability to let us leave our mark isn't possible in a normal LARP, because it totally is.

Did I have more fun at the two WH LARPs than any Arcanis LARP? Yes, but I have more fun playing mods than I do at the Arcanis LARPs (usually).

Offline Profile