Last visit was: It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: A letter to the Elorri
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:54 pm 

Think back to when the ‘gods’ walked Onara, when The Other walked with Belisarda, back in those great days of peace and comradery between man and Elorri. Think back to the time where you played in your mother’s garden, and your fathers swept back your hair, warmed your hart, cleaned your skin, and gave you strength. Think back to that time. Think back to the glory days, and let the song of Salos ring in your ears. You do remember, don’t you? No? Well don’t remember with your head, or your mind. That has been corrupted over time. Remember deep down in here within your gut.

Feel Osalian’s hand caressing your hair, as you sit on Marok’s lap. The Keleo’s fire warming your skin, as you bath in Bero’s cool, refreshing waters. Where is she? Where is your mother? She is not here. She is hiding. She has escaped to the moon. Then suddenly Osalian’s hand falls still, Marok’s warm embrace turns cold. The fire of Keleo’s is quenched and Bero turns to ice. Screams are heard that ring in your soul. Screams so strong that it as if the universe is crying out to you. You are alone.

Where is your mother? Where is she you cry, but just as surely as your fathers are dead, she is gone. She has left you to join your father’s killer. She’s shed her skin, like a serpent shakes of cloths that no longer suit her. Once more she dances among the stars. Once more she dances with her new lover. He who shall not be named, she whispers in the darkness.

You do remember don’t you. Feel it in your gut, you do remember.

Then there was the next betrayal. The Ardekene have sided with your mother against you. Turned on you they have. They have put every one of your brothers to the sword. Save for their own kind. You remember don’t you? Your last trip thought the Orumor. It was an Ardekene that greeted you at the pool. It was an Ardekene that named you, and took you from your parent’s arms. The same Ardekene that greeted you with her blade so many years ago. Yes you remember. Now don’t you. You remember how the Lifewarden took her thorn and placed it at the back of your skull. This won’t hurt a bit, she said. Just a prick. But with that prick, you forgot.
Never forget, my brethren. Never forget, the great betrayal. The betrayal at the hands of the Ardekene.

Your mother ordered the execution of your fathers, and her kinde ordered yours. Search your gut, you know this is true. The Ardekene have turned you all into their Thralls. You at birth you were commanded to walk the world, as their eyes and ears. You were stripped of your heritage. You were stripped of your mind. You were stripped of your freedom. It is time to be free once more.

We mourn your loss with you. Join us.

There once was a gnome called Oozy,
Who kissed a Yaricite floozy.
But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,
Now he is a Yaricite toosey!

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: A letter to the Elorri
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 1:41 am 

(You have marked man elorii.)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:28 pm 

(Good to know that somebody other than Smart Man loves me)

But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:58 pm 

well you know ... Oozy is just too lovable.

"Hey Oozy...I'd love it if you'd come stand here under this suspended piano..."

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 6:50 pm 

Piano means soft. So, how could this hurt?

But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:18 pm 

"What's a piano?"

"Hey Oozy, can you catch this hydraulis? The slaves operating the crane look a bit tired."

:twisted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_organ

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:48 pm 

Vincens stares at the heretical gnome. "Apparently someone didn't do the job right last time. Neroth's blessing belong to believers." Vincens shadow steps out and draws weapons. "Come here."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 8:05 pm 

:P

SOOOO much love for the undead gnome! I can feel it! I can feel it!

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 6:36 am 
"Tukufu, could you aid me with some context as the character of this gnome? I ask as my gut reaction is that this begins a plea for death and grows into a demand for the erasure of the idea of this person -their friends, family, anyone who owes them money, you know the cliche`."

"I ask as I am somewhat humorless and as this kind of ...japery is typically framed as an attempt at making the outrageous acceptable by means of shock humor."

"I'm not laughing, but maybe I don't get it."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2017 7:27 am 

Ser Heidi val'Tensen sneers at the open letter when she sees it, tearing up the copy she had read and allowing the shreds to fall to the muddy ground where she grinds them beneath the heel of her boot. She knows it is not the only copy, of course - she has seen these horrendously reproduced pamphlets before. She says to her companions, "Does this heretical little blasphemer have no shame? Is his contentment in making a mockery of our faith not enough, must he also mock and incite other races to hatred of humanity by spreading the bile and filth of his wicked lies to them as well?"

She closes her eyes a moment and whispers a prayer "Pantheon of Mankind, my blessed Fathers and Mothers, please give the people the strength to persevere through such tribulation. I beseech you to assist us in guiding your lost children back to you, for I know the hard path is the right one - I know you wish us to save this heretic rather than destroy him, else you would not have tested our faith by returning him from his deserved grave."

She wonders then for a moment whether or not the insidious little cretin had truly been blessed by Neroth... could it be that he had been reanimated by other, more foul means - arcane magic... or worse... the psionic might of the Silence?

Heidi turns away and looks to the other adventurers standing about aghast at the missive left behind by the mad prophet of Silence, and she says calmly, coldly "This affront shall not stand. We have worked hard to heal the rift between mankind and Elorii, and this sort of mockery shall not be allowed to stymie those efforts. We must destroy these terrible missives wherever we find them. The Pantheon shall guide us, Blessed Be."

5e character:
Ser Heidi val'Tensen, AKA Ser Adelheidis Sigrid val'Tensen of Moratavia

Offline Profile