Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Patroling outside Litera Scripta Manet
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:01 am 

"Heaven's Blade....heaven's blade. So many legions to keep track of. Waaaiiit. I've got it. Didn't they allegedly stuff that Legion with the DREGS of the Empire and frog march it into Dhar Zhan Vor? Under Acconia's ... *ahem* ... first son?"

"Decades ago?"

"And you just mustered out? Well! Isn't that interesting. I bet a bunch of people would like to pry those 'tall tales' out of you." Tukufu starts to smile, but in the bad light, one might (or perhaps might not) notice that the Altherian grips the pommel of his sword like he's trying to strangle it.

"....mumblemumblemaybewithsharpobjectsmumble."

"Now that I think about it, it is terrible that you've been injured so close to my door. And you, a pious soldier. Making sacrifices for civilization."

"Tell me. Where you are staying?"

"I'll see a reward is sent to you. Maybe as early as tomorrow. A couple of bottles of something from Savona perhaps. Or maybe...or maybe some kind of stronger vintage from Plexus?"

Tukufu moves his hand away from his sword. There is still half a smile on his lips. But it doesn't touch his eyes.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:14 pm 

"The stronger the better. Helps with the nightmares." The tribune stands upright and dusts himself off. "Well, well, now that I see you in the light... Arn't you the hero that put the Chimera in its place with but a thought? Never expected to meet you under these circumstances."

There once was a gnome called Oozy,
Who kissed a Yaricite floozy.
But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,
Now he is a Yaricite toosey!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:17 pm 

"Oh, I almost forgot. I guess I don't have a place at the moment. Mustered out yesterday, and well, I have not had time to secure a villa. Have you any recommendations for a quality inn?"

But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:39 am 

"It was an Ossarion sphinx, not a chimera at all. And a smaller one at that. Compared to your Great General I'm sure the psionic powers I wielded were quite pedestrian. Or even when compared to his officers and allies... perhaps like ... Matthias."

"I'm no great hero. Given a choice I'm sure I would rather deploy a quill instead of a sword."

"You should enjoy your moment of celebrity. I understand that many people here hail your Legion as liberators. I imagine many places would be happy to rent to you. But if you are having difficulties...might I recommend the easternmost edge of the Pearl." Tukufu's smile is more relaxed at this point.

"An up and coming section of the city. For members of the smarter set clever enough to find hidden gems. A determined search of the area should turn up several opportunities for an intelligent officer like yourself. Yes. A good place for a former tribune like you to hang his hat. Or helmet."

"Well...No one is dying out here. I'm sure you'll have more doors to knock on, and of course the hour is ungodly. Till next time."

Tukufu sketches a hint of a bow. Takes one step backwards. And closes the door. One can hear the bar inside when it is dropped into place.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:44 pm 

"So the pearl, eh?" Time to find me a realtor.... Thinks the Tribune, with visions of royal oppulance.

But rather than wed,
She drowned him instead,

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1, 2