Last visit was: It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:24 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of The Mountain
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:44 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:34 am
Posts: 960
Location: Southwestern Ohio
Hat wrote:
Beheaded Harvesters draw attention. There's not a single arcane caster in The First City. They really should simply abandon it and move their operations elsewhere. Somewhere less sleepy. Like the Fellglade. I'm sure the Elorii have plenty of casters there to harvest. ;)

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul


I hear there's some real cheap real estate down there. They could move their whole operation to the Fellglade. I'm sure the Elorri won't mind since their such good neighbors and all that. ;)

_________________
Michael T. Hebert

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of The Mountain
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:41 pm 

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 8:03 pm
Posts: 181
Haakon_val'Ishi wrote:
Hat wrote:
Beheaded Harvesters draw attention. There's not a single arcane caster in The First City. They really should simply abandon it and move their operations elsewhere. Somewhere less sleepy. Like the Fellglade. I'm sure the Elorii have plenty of casters there to harvest. ;)

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul


I hear there's some real cheap real estate down there. They could move their whole operation to the Fellglade. I'm sure the Elorri won't mind since their such good neighbors and all that. ;)


Just watch out for the Hydra. :lol:

Technically he's still on my property.

_________________
Vaize the Flamesong; disciple of Anaphylaxia, servant of Belisarda.
D'serrat Val'Mordane; Knight Errant and Veteran of the Fifth and Sixth Crusades of Light.
Denevir the Gladiator; aka the Red Widow, the Dread Gorehorn, the Sicarite Seven Slayer!


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of The Mountain
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:53 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:06 am
Posts: 1721
Location: Portland OR
Southernskies wrote:
Anyone attend "The Wedding" interactive in 2006? There should be some details from that (may need to poke Henry).


That was a reception to the Imperial Wedding. I don't believe we heard vows at that time. What I remember best was:

(1)Dustin coming as Gnomie with a homemade Brazen Idol around his neck
(2)Peter Parker playing his sniveling Dark Kin who acquired and gave away Gladii of Light as a wedding gifts to Calcestus and Alezihia
(3) Eric playing Duke Adolphus val'Tensen as a titanicly petty/egotistical "noble" who was obsessed with Menisis
...
(4) And my IC discovery that Calcestus' bard was from Ymandragore and at least part of his court was aware of that fact.

_________________
Eric Gorman

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of The Mountain
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:55 am 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:06 am
Posts: 1721
Location: Portland OR
I would gladly take an epilogue. We made it through the First City edition of the Bachelor and no body has gotten kissed...

_________________
Eric Gorman

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of The Mountain
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:18 am 

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:46 pm
Posts: 1278
val Holryn wrote:
I would gladly take an epilogue. We made it through the First City edition of the Bachelor and no body has gotten kissed...


In terms of no one getting kissed, it just didn't feel appropriate for a variety of reasons.

I still wince a bit thinking of this as a version of "The Bachelor." Not a show I've watched or had any real interest in. If I'd realized it before I started I'd probably have taken a very different approach or decided not to write it.

For an epilogue my thought had been wedding / reception as the most likely. There are PCs that would have gotten an invite, some of which are played by people on the forums which opens the possibility of an interactive ending or continuation.

My thought is if I write it to cover the story through the wedding and beginning of the reception, mention a guest list that includes characters he would have invited, but not an exclusive list and allow folks to join in after that.

Alternatively write the epilogue mentioning those who would have been invited and perhaps start a new thread picking up interactions in the First City elsewhere.

Thoughts, preferences?

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of The Mountain
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:52 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:06 am
Posts: 1721
Location: Portland OR
Hat wrote:
...Snip...still wince a bit thinking of this as a version of "The Bachelor." Not a show I've watched or had any real interest in. If I'd realized it before I started I'd probably have taken a very different approach or decided not to write it...snip...


Then I'm very glad I saved that (cheap) joke for the end! :D

I am also not a Bachelor watcher (or reality TV in general)...but still as a guy who likes low hanging fruit I lament a little that you stayed on safe ground. Consider some of the tropes & possibilities you could have drawn on! There was no group date where they did something outdoorsy (all ride horses through the flood plains?). No cat fight fight(s) between the ladies (Ruana yelling at Roshni that she's a conniving b*tch?). The Mountain never gets busted for kissing two different girls after telling both he's interested in them. No cheap drama, or tears, or roses... :cry:

I've got a 3 year old who has recently discovered Disney's Little Mermaid. Does it produce any more winces to discover I went through the last couple of sections with Sebastion singing Kiss the Girl in the back of my head? :P

_________________
Eric Gorman

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen


Last edited by val Holryn on Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of The Mountain
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:56 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:34 am
Posts: 960
Location: Southwestern Ohio
ZCaslar wrote:
Haakon_val'Ishi wrote:
Hat wrote:
Beheaded Harvesters draw attention. There's not a single arcane caster in The First City. They really should simply abandon it and move their operations elsewhere. Somewhere less sleepy. Like the Fellglade. I'm sure the Elorii have plenty of casters there to harvest. ;)

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul


I hear there's some real cheap real estate down there. They could move their whole operation to the Fellglade. I'm sure the Elorri won't mind since their such good neighbors and all that. ;)


Just watch out for the Hydra. :lol:

Technically he's still on my property.


As I recall I have shambling mounds on mine. :(

_________________
Michael T. Hebert

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Heart of The Mountain
PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:03 pm 

Joined: Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:46 pm
Posts: 1278
val Holryn wrote:
<snip>Then I'm very glad I saved that (cheap) joke for the end! :D


Akira beat you to it at Arcanicon. :)

You are correct I had ample tropes & possibilities to draw on. Alas I lacked the insights and marketing accumen to employ them for better ratings or viewership.

val Holryn wrote:
I've got a 3 year old who has recently discovered Disney's Little Mermaid. Does it produce any more winces to discover I went through the last couple of sections with Sebastion singing Kiss the Girl in the back of my head? :P


Lol. Not at all. THAT at least means you were grabbed by the story and wanted to keep reading. And it's a good movie to boot.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net & kodeki