Last visit was: It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Missing. Presumed Dead
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:40 pm 

Greeting and Salutations wandering Heroes, Adventurers, and other notable personages of Onara.

For those of you who do not know me, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Marcus Decius Val'Assante, Patrician Imperialis of the Mighty Coryani Empire and Legate to the Val'Assante family.

It has recently come to my attention that one of your own, Sisko Val'Borda has been reported as missing. This particular individual was often in my employ and I found him to be a gruff, crass, and obstinate man. However, he was also very proficient at his trade. I know that individuals who take up the mercenary lifestyle, for whatever varied reasons, can often fall to ill fortune. However, as someone I considered an asset to myself and my family, I seek to know the fate of this man.

To anyone who can provide verified information of his well being and whereabouts, I can provide reasonable and commensurate compensation in fortune or favor. The latter of which can be confirmed by my reputation alone to be no small reward. If Sisko has been killed, the reward for returning person(s) or entities responsible, living or dead, will increase dramatically.

Information may be delivered to either me directly or my villa in Grand Coryan.

Faithfully Yours,
Marcus Decius Val'Assante
Nemo me impune lacessit

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Missing. Presumed Dead
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 4:48 pm 

Patricus Marcus,

I have access to a number of contacts which placed the individual you speak of in Savona in Dirigo of this year. He was spotted ridding the city of Harvesters, though I believe he also was engaged in the rescue of certain. . . gifted individuals from those who foolishly believed they were doing their god's will.

As to his current state, I cannot say.

[signed only with a Pugio dagger, hilt wrapped in black cloth, holding the note to a wall]

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:37 pm 

To the one I may only refer to as the Sable Dagger of Savonna,

I thank you for the response, as it pointed out that I was remiss in my letter to address that fact that the Val'Borda I seek was last seen in Savonna during the Twin Festivals. I, too, was in the city during this time. I had initially chosen to engage in the festival's wine tasting competition. However, I was convinced by some Acolytes of Larissa to participate in a private sampling of their own "nectars" in an exclusive and private bathhouse. After returning from that distraction, I wanted to inquire as to who the winner of the wine tasting was. Upon viewing the List of Champions, I saw that Sisko Val'Borda was, in fact, the Champion of the Gondola Races. I found this quite striking and odd, as he never demonstrated any nautical capabilities before.

Although your intelligences were already known to me and have fallen short of my needs in this matter, I sought information and it is information you have provided. Since you have chosen not to step from the shadows to claim a reward, I have chosen to reward the shadows themselves for your actions with a one gold Imperial donation to the Temple of Cadic in Savonna.

Faithfully Yours,
Marcus Decius Val'Assante
Nemo me impune lacessit

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 9:29 am 

I am quite distressed to learn that my favorite lawn dart is missing, I suppose I should have realized much sooner how life had not been so irritating as of late. I spoke with him in Savona, and recommended that he speak with a merchant who had helped me to rid myself of a pesky sword and told him that he may need to rid himself of this dragons tooth that seemed to be tampering with his sanity. He told me that the merchant was not only unwilling to take the tooth but that he had indeed almost ran from it. He also informed me that he had been approached by an individual who knew something about the tooth and he was going to be meeting with said individual while in Savona. While I do not know whom this individual is, I last saw him going to speak with them. I hope this information is found useful, because while Sisko is not always pleasant to be around, in fact I find him quite distasteful, I have grown quite fond of him and if he has gotten himself into trouble I would like to be informed so that I may lend my sword to the cause. As irritating as he is I wish to have him back at my side, as he is really the only person that I have that I feel I can trust anymore.

Written for Sutani Sol (feared and unstable dark kin) by Geoffry the gnome scribe extraordinaire

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 12:06 pm 

A messenger delivers a note to the home of Marcus Decius val'Assante:
"Marcus Decius, I am saddened at the loss of your friend. If other reports are true that he was seeking Harvesters during the festivals, they may be your answer. You probably also considered the rough weather and the Wave. Regardless, if he does still live, there are ways to find a missing individual that are difficult to block. Have you anything close and personal that was attached to him; such as a favorite garment, a private journal, a lock of hair, or a few drops of blood? If you will deliver a response through this messenger, we can meet later to discuss options in person if you wish."

Amadi val'Abebi - Monk of Althares
Talathos - choleric Kelekene dabbler

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:03 am 

My dear Marcus Decius val'Assante,

I have lingered for some weeks wrestling with whether or not anything good could come from answering your letter. Though in the end, as a son of Altheria, I choose to spread knowledge...I am afraid that this is unhappy or even poisonous knowledge. I never had the pleasure of spending significant time with Sisko val'Borda in life but we were both Irregulars - where Sisko distinguished himself with great valor - and both part of the expedition to recover artifacts from the Vault of Larissa. I believe the Doom that has overtaken him has its roots in the later rather than Harvesters or some other threat indigenous to Savona.

As some may recall the Vault had, in its lowest levels, further tunnels that led down into the Lavender Way...and beyond into the farthest reaches of the Endless Dark. And some of the primitive Gar there wielded a corrupted version of psionic power and emitted psychic screams. And in the "basement" there were piles of humanoid skulls with holes bored through them. Taken together I would hazard a guess that there are Voiceless Ones who have been, or intermittently still are, present in the Vault.

I have heard a rumor of one other scintilla of possible information. Though I have not personally seen it, there seems to have been a tapestry in the Vault that depicted the death of the Devil King Uhxbractit...and featured recognizable members of the Irregulars striking him down. Sisko, I have heard, is front and center in this image. Even in a fortress of prophesies I find such a thing hard to believe. But one who claims to have seen this tapestry says something even more remarkable has happened. A new image has appeared on the reverse. Sisko is allegedly front and center again. This time he seems to be alone surrounded by, or perhaps projecting, an energy field that is holding a roiling black tide of nothingness away. Though the person who has told me this has also told me that one can almost make out clawed hands in the blackness that are reaching towards Sisko.

I have been told that Sisko took one of the Teeth from the largest of skulls in the basement. The skull of either a truly great drake or one of the Dragons. I believe this attracted the attention of the Voiceless Ones. My personal best guess is that Sisko is not dead, but surrounded by the most terrible of enemies. I believe anyone who tries to involve themselves will also come to the attention of these terrible creatures. I wish I had better news to impart.

I remain your obedient scribe,

Tukufu, Ambassador of Altheria

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2019 2:08 pm 

There are credible reports of Sisko Val'Borda interacting with some of the transient citizens of the Slide in the First City recently, He was last seen riding off in the direction of the Citadel of Silence.

-O

Offline Profile