Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Any interest in online play for the 2 "Intro" Mods?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:08 am 

Just gauging interest.

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Any interest in online play for the 2 "Intro" Mods?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:15 am 

Which "Intro" mods? Are you talking about the Crusade Story arc or 2 from the new story arc?

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:21 am 

"Walking on Eggshells" and "In Transit"

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:53 am 

John,

I can't find any blurbs on them on the Legends of Arcanis website. As they sound like they'd be appropriate for new 1.5 characters or in that range, I expect Nicole and I will be interested at some point.

Do you have blurbs you can share or a thread to point me to?

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:55 am 

They are for 1.1 Characters, unless I'm mistaken. I'd be interested if for no other reason than to play them, but I doubt I'll have time before ArcaniCon.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:56 am 

Intro1 Problems in Transit Coryan - A merchant's caravan is two days overdue and now you are tasked with finding out what happened to them. It is only two days, there are a ton of mundane reasons for a caravan to be late, like a broken axle. Why bother to hire you for what is going to be a wild goose chase?

Intro2 Walking on Eggshells Altheria - You are hired for the simple mission of retrieving an ingredient for the creation of blastpowder from the Ssethregoran infested swamps. What could be simpler? "The law of unintended consequences pushes us ceaselessly through the years, permitting no pause for perspective." - Sanknor val'Abebi, Colonel in the Shining Patrol

Each is 2 hours and are mainly designed for "Intro" characters, either at 1.0 or 1.5 I think. However, I've been told that anyone can play them.

John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:57 am 

Nierite wrote:
They are for 1.1 Characters, unless I'm mistaken. I'd be interested if for no other reason than to play them, but I doubt I'll have time before ArcaniCon.

I was told anyone can play though they are mainly designed for starting characters either 1.1 or 1.5. I'm interested in playing the Altherian one but would run the Coryani one, so maybe can trade off and do either a combo night or 2 nights.

John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:32 am 

Hey John,

They were actually designed specifically for new players to Arcanis, those who have never played the system or even in the world before. A 1.5 character should be able to single handedly destroy every combat if the dice favour them. Think of them more as Tier 0.5; true Intro modules.

The intention was for only Harvesters to have access to them as a tool to draw in new players, because they're short, introduce the basics of the system, and provide a very brief glimpse into the complexity of the world.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:37 am 

Is there any reason that a harvester couldn't run them (or play them through another harvester) for a regular group with an appropriate 'bump' to the combats?

John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:58 am 

Primarily because they add nothing to any story. They're simple missions, simple plots, they don't build into anything or go anywhere. They just reveal aspects of the world that are present (or will be present) in full fledged modules later. The only reason to play them are a completionist mentality (in which case, create a new 1.1 character if you really must to get the story), or because they want an essentially free 100 xp.

Aside from that, no, I suppose there's no reason the Intro modules couldn't be played by a regular group. They just really were not intended for that purpose, and I was hoping to have something special and unique for newcomers to the world of Arcanis.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric Go to page 1, 2  Next