Last visit was: It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Online Harvester?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:17 pm 

I am unsure who runs the Harvester program, but I am sure this has come up. Either way, I want to bring it back up.

There are at least three of us who coordinate and/or run a LOT of online games - for a variety of reasons from the inability to make cons to a lack of local interest. In my case, the folks I run for and with mostly are play-by-post (PbP). There are 6-8 of us on Myth-weaver and we could easily recruit more, if we wanted. The cool thing is, I may be the only one from the States. Even cooler for the PbPers - we are running between 3-5 games at a time to get everyone caught up, just finished the first BI (you can imagine how long that took online), and are dedicated enough to play some of these mods for 4-5 months until they are completed.

My point is this. I am aware of Cody, Pete, and Me (and also acurrier a bit recently) running building, maintaining, and fostering Arcanis online. Speaking for myself, I would like to introduce my players to the newer mods, etc. and even some Witchhunter and wonder if we might have an online Harvester or two? I would be willing, perhaps Cody or Pete might also, though I have not talked with them about it. We might even have two - one PbP and one strictly online.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Patrick

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Online Harvester?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:57 pm 

Hello Patrick,

I appreciate the offer.

The problem is that a Harvester's job is not just running games for the same group of people. Their job is to run at different locals, preferably stores so that they carry our books, and create a group that will then take over running for themselves. Then the Harvester goes and tries to get another group going and so on.

I don't believe we can fulfill that mandate with just online play.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Online Harvester?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:03 pm 

Thanks for replying Henry. I see what you mean, though I think we are on the same page with this. Fostering games, running some of course, but with the goal that they get going and you can move on to fostering others. That is what I envision as well. For example, there is a loose Google Hangout Group and a core and periphery Myth-Weavers group. Those could easily expand to additional groups in those mediums or related on different sites with one person sending emissaries out to start groups in targeted venues such as EnWorld, etc.

Just some thoughts. Your post made me rethink wanting to be the or an Online Harvester, but did get me more interested in being part of that organizational structure with someone at its head.

Offline Profile