Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: [Contest] Do you have what it takes ?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:53 pm 

Do YOU have what it takes to be a Champion? In the upcoming celebration of the New Year, the Pit Bosses in Sicaris have put out the call for the roughest and toughest and the most ruthless... for the Honored and Noble and the Dishonored and Scorned, to Fight it out and see who is the best in these Epic battles and Spectacles that will span days if not weeks!

Part One of the Contest: Registration!
Nov 18th -Dec 31

First you have to get to Sicaris, the walking there part is easy, the Hard Part is the Paperwork.
You need to create a Tier 1.5 character, based on what is allowed currently (A:RPG, COH, KotP, FiM1 & 2) In addition to a finished Character sheet ( that includes a listing a spells gear and encumbrance ) the character creation worksheet (or a reasonable facsimile) needs to be filled out and submitted at the same time. You will have a total of your starting money plus six Gold crowns to purchase equipment.

You are going to want a balanced character, this is a lot more than just a little swordplay.

PCI Downloads Page
Form Fillable Character sheet
Google Doc Character Creation Worksheet, if your logged in to Google you can go to File > Make a copy

Please send entries to samhain at gmail.com, with the title of Gladiator

Part Two of the Contest: Review Parade
Jan 1st - Jan 31st

From the Barracks , along the Via to the Western gate, through the plebeian slums and back to the Barracks
All of the Characters (along with the build worksheet) will be put on display for the Month of January for the general populace to review and comment on. Simple errors will be allowed to be corrected, and large errors will be dealt with in the most appropriate manner the judges decide. At the End of January We’ll put up a survey to allow people to vote on the best characters. Depending on participation there may be categories for people to vote on their favorite type of characters.

Part Three of the Contest: The Spectacle
Feb 1 - March 31

Follow thy drum; With man's blood paint the ground, gules, gules; Religious canons, civil laws are cruel;Then what should war be?
We are going to take a sufficient amount of time to throw all sorts of crazy at people here, If I can imagine it, and can explain it then it might happen, all participants will be at the mercy of the dice at this point. Each contest will pit 2 or more contestants against each other against a combination of combat, environmental hazards, creatures brought in for the spectacle, traps, wilderness etc.

Animal companions and mounts will be treated as equipment, and will not always be available or feasible to use.

Special rewards and opportunities in each match will be given to the gladiators that can influence the crowd.

Matches will take place online as arranged by the judge with participants (More information on this will be forthcoming)

Part Four of the Contest: The Final Melee
April 1 - April 15

And all the gods go with you! upon your sword / Sit laurel victory! and smooth success / Be strew'd before your feet!
Single elimination battles with the top four or eight contestants from the spectacle, special rules regarding healing will be in place. Matches will be online arranged by a judge

Wrapping up: The Rewards
April 16th

When the hurly-burly's done,/ When the battle's lost and won.
The Overall Victor will be crown with Laurels at Origins this year ( I’ll steal some time before or during the LARP or possibly the BI) along with that the Champion character will be added to the pre generated characters (with tweaks to make him appropriate) and with an additional Heirloom item “Champions belt”

In addition the Winning player will receive a Cert to apply to his Arcanis character “Friend of the Champion” we are still discussing the exact text of this reward, but it will likely encompass Fame and influence and possibly some interesting baubles

*A bit of additional explanation: current Player Characters are not eligible for this contest. This is intended to take place outside of the normal storylines going on in the Shared Campaign. There will be no rewards other than the ones specifically outlined above.

*If people have questions I am usually available on google plus as google.com/+JoshElliott_Samhain feel free to ask me questions over there also

11/21 Edit to add my g+ info

Last edited by SamhainIA on Thu Nov 21, 2013 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: [Contest] Do you have what it takes ?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:21 pm 

is it safe to assume each person is limited to fielding only one gladiator or can they hedge bets and field a small army?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:13 pm 

You can create as many enteries as you wish, but you can only select one to compete with

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:22 am 

How will murderous precision be handled among gladiators?

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:07 am 

val Holryn wrote:

I'm not running this, but I suspect the ruling will be: Extra damage applies, but instant kill does not. Much like using Murderous Precision on an Elite or Adversary opponent, you get your passive Insight as bonus damage.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:01 am 

Another question, will this be run as a PbP or then in real-time with maptool or so? Just asking as I am across the big pond, and only PbP would work for me.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:19 am 

Probably using systems like Roll20 for timing

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:20 am 

Cool - I was just thinking about something like this and have a build I've been wanting to try.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:34 am 

Ah, another reason to create characters again.
I like it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:40 am 

Njal Val'Assante wrote:
val Holryn wrote:

I'm not running this, but I suspect the ruling will be: Extra damage applies, but instant kill does not. Much like using Murderous Precision on an Elite or Adversary opponent, you get your passive Insight as bonus damage.

Correct

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next