Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Dates of the Altherian-Seremasi War
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:01 am 

I'm trying to figure out when the fighting between Altheria and Seremas took place.

The ARP book states:
ARP page19 wrote:
After close to a dozen years of brutal bloodshed, Altheria knew peace once more. While rebuilding the nation would take close to two score years, Altheria is once more the beacon of human achievement upon the continent of Onara.

This suggests that the fighting ended 40ish years ago. BUT in the later Codex of Heroes the age range listed for those taking the background of "Veteran of the Altherian War" is much younger.
CoH page 54 wrote:
Minimum Age: 80 (elorii) or 35 (any other)

It looks like if a human was 18(ish) in the last year of the war then the war would only have ended around 17(fish) years ago.

The two sources are roughly a generation apart.

I have always been running off of the Codex of Heroes timeline. Later product, more specific dates, in the crunch section and not just fluff. But have been talking with other friends about Altheria recently. And the issue is something we are scratching our heads over.

Does anyone have any knowledge of when the war ended?

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Dates of the Altherian-Seremasi War
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:52 am 

According to the timeline on the last page of Ssethregore for ARG, the dates for the Altherian-Entaran War are 1031-1043.

Other sourcebooks may vary ;-)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:37 am 

Thanks for the tip. I would never have looked there.

Being both the most recent product and an actual timeline(!) is pretty solid. Though I find it at least a little bit funny & weird that it doesn't agree with either earlier source. Maybe they just tried to split the difference?

Thanks!

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:58 pm 
val Holryn wrote:
Thanks for the tip. I would never have looked there.

Being both the most recent product and an actual timeline(!) is pretty solid. Though I find it at least a little bit funny & weird that it doesn't agree with either earlier source. Maybe they just tried to split the difference?

Thanks!

Strange place to find what should be a critical bit of information for both Seremasi and Altherian players. More details on the war -scale of casualties, lasting damage to Altherian cities, shifts in the Seremasi attitudes towards humans and what his means for the ones in Seremas- would all be welcome of course.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey