Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Custom Slaves For Sale -Only for the most powerful of Nobles
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:21 am 

With the recent fall of the Demon King, the threat of looming Demons has been lessened. Would society me more accepting of Dark-kin?
I was thinking that a morally corrupted Coryani wizard could start making custom slaves, using the blood of demons to power a joining spell to meld a child born into slavery with an animal. These slaves would be specially designed to fill a role. (Making them Darl-kin). These specialty slaves would then be sold to Rich Nobles who would use these slaves not only for its designed task but use these as a status symbol.
Boy, Plus Bull to make a Minatare for Battle or heavy labour,
Girl with Rodent to make a subservient maid that won’t wake the house hold as she starts the morning fires.
Child with a Hound to be a cook in the kitchen because it would be able to prepare superior meals because of its advanced sense of smell.
Child with a colorful Bird to make a servant that looks exotic.
I think this is not something one would find in Canceri as hat is location is evil from necessity rather than from indulgence.
I think I would like to write an adventure about this occurrence, and how the PC would react to it, especially if the children were not born slaves but children stolen from peasants.

Opinions?

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Custom Slaves For Sale -Only for the most powerful of No
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:54 am 

What you are describing is essentially flesh crafting, a skill that only the Ssanu (and probably the Sorcerer King) possess. I doubt that there are any others with the ability.

With that said, it could be a neat plot line for a home game.

aka Rurik - Nol Dappan War Priest (Divine 2.3)
aka Karthik - Tultipetan Stonemason (Expert 1.4)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:48 am 

Your idea parallels the Nelgazzi family of the First Imperium. A mostly lost tale of a once vassal family of the val'Mehan. However dark-kin were reviled long before the threat of the Devil King. I don't think society as a whole is going to be more accepting of them just because the crusade is over. Doesn't mean there couldn't be a niche market if such a thing was possible.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:25 pm 

Interesting idea, whether you're thinking PC or NPC. I assume NPC since even cheap slaves are very expensive.

I suspect you might get a lot of intense attention from the Inquisition. Plus other power groups, like the val'Dellenovs who hate that you're meddling with nature, Illiirites who think you're messing with perfection, etc. Not to mention every single player character. (well, most of them).

It reminds me of Year 1 Vivisectionist.

Ooo...what would be a REALLY interesting twist is an Encali wizard trying to 'craft' the 'perfect' thing. Oh, my yes, that could be fun...

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 4 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey