Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: War of the Paragons story arc
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:10 pm 

With the launch of the War of the Paragons story arc at Origins this June, I wanted to alert players of the following develpments that may or may not affect their characters:

1 - To play in the War of the Paragons adventures, you must be Tier 3 or higher.

2 - There will be a Cert that you can either apply to your current character to bring them up to Tier 3 or to create a new character starting at Tier 3.

3 - If you apply this cert to your character or create a new one with it, you will not be able to play any Arc 1 or 2 (A1 or A2) adventures with that character.

4 - This also means that any and all Volunteer Certs, etc cannot be applied AFTER the cert is in effect.

5 - If you do want to play any A2 adventures with this character, you must do so BEFORE you play any A3 adventures.

6 - All Crusade adventures are being removed from the website on January 22nd.

7- You will be able to "legally" continue to play A1 adventures until May 31st.

8 - After that date, the Intro adventures will replace the A1 series as the gateway for beginning Heroes to advance up to Tier 1.5, at which point they may contnue with the A2 series.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: War of the Paragons story arc
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:17 pm 

Hi Henry,

Can the Crusade retirement be deferred until 30 March please?

2 days is not enough time to organize a catchup for the missed adventures.

Southernskeis

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:41 pm 

I'll talk to the Staff about derring playing, but you realize that its been up for years?

Either way ,even if play is allowed through that date, the adventures will be removed from the website on Sunday.

I'll let you know.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:01 pm 

Henry I have two guys who played in the old campaign that are just working their way through the Crusade arc. We are currently in the middle of the first BI. We lost an entire month's worth of playing time due to work and vacation over the holidays. I'll talk to them this Sunday when we next play and let them know what's up, but it's shame they won't get to play all those cool mods you wrote. :(

But if they get retired no big deal we can jump ahead to the Blessed Lands arc, but they're not 1.5 yet....so there's the problem.

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 6:29 pm 

Henry

Just a quick one to see if I am reading things right.

Unlike the 1.5 Cert, the 3 cert will not delete everything gained from previous games?

The reason I am requesting clarifications is that a new player starting at 1.5 and plays all available games will not (if my calculations are correct) have enough XP to hit T3 by the time they run out of adventures, so if the T3 cert wipes out previous play some people will not be happy.

If it doesn't, then the issue does not exist.

The other issue that you may have is that a PC who plays half a dozen crusader arc and is not yet T1.5 must decide to play the Destroyer series under tier or loose a good deal of wealth and items as 2gp does not come anywhere close to the monetary level a PC would have by playing mods to 1.5 (I think it is about 2gp vs 10 +items like fine weapons and Sarishan Steel access)

Just some thoughts to think about. You know I will support Arcanis no matter what is decided.

Cheers
Dean

Melbourne - Australia

Marco val'Sheem - Master Sword Sage
Gwe - Berokene Sailor & KNight of the 12 Oaks
Henrique Gatti- Dark-kin Archeologist

Tos'Koreth - Disciple of Jeggal Sag
Vuran - Tultipet Body Guard

The Axeman (LRC)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:42 pm 

Henry,

Thanks for the update and a way to bring characters up to the level needed for the new story!

@Taffy I've got a character that's 3.2 now with 68 ARs. I've had money to spend and have bought exceptional weapons, runes and miscellaneous gear. Even with all that, the gear adds a bit of help here or there, but it's really the base character that does all the heavy lifting. Give him standard gear and he's as effective or nearly as effective. The items certainly add flavor, but I don't think they're by any means critical.

Also, until we see what the level to Tier 3 cert looks like, it's hard to say where a PC nets out. If this was back in the old 3.0/3.5 days, it'd be a far different story.

One other thing I will mention in terms of retired mods - if you download them before hand, nothing prevents you from playing them with friends. The only thing it prevents you from doing is adding any affects to your character (XP, money, Fame, Infamy, curses....).

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:03 pm 

Hi Henry,

Last Summer you seemed to indicate that the BI in the First City would be released for home play since it was such a vital story point...with the emergence of Calemnon. Is that still happening? If all mods must be played befor HP 3-1 then the clock is ticking for Portland players.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:30 pm 

Hello Eric,

Yes it is and in fact, its ready to go, however there was an adventure written (by another author) that sounds like a lot of fun, but it MUST take place BEFORE the BI finale.

I'm hoping to give it an edit in the next couple of days and expedite its release along with the BI.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:42 pm 

Good news! Thanks for the update Henry.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:17 am 

I want to clarify something. Does this mean that going forward any character must be Tier 3 to play anything from Arc 3 forward? Including soft points? Will there any mods open for lower level characters? I'm concerned that it will be hard to recruit new players if they have to start at Tier 3. ARG is a great game but it does come with a stiff learning curve compared to 5E, which is why we started our new players locally off with the Crusade Arc mods. Thanks!

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next