Last visit was: It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 2:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Legion of Searing Light
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:53 pm 

If your PC is mid 40s or older, you could join Astra as an ex-legionnaire of the Legion of Heaven's Blade. Based on the name, its Illiirite. Personally (since nothing was known about it in the old campaign) I had 'backstoried' it as shifting recruitment to Balantica and was more a Saluwean now.
Even started an "armies of arcanis" outline until Henry pointed out it didn't exist any more. :(

Recruitment has been a bit of a problem since it was ordered to accompany Calmemnon into the unknown.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:23 pm 

There is also the Legion of the Sundering Rays (also known as The Twelfth.) that I created for the module In Plain Sight.

Melbourne - Australia

Marco val'Sheem - Master Sword Sage
Gwe - Berokene Sailor & KNight of the 12 Oaks
Henrique Gatti- Dark-kin Archeologist

Tos'Koreth - Disciple of Jeggal Sag
Vuran - Tultipet Body Guard

The Axeman (LRC)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:00 pm 

Mike, if you send me email (not forum message but email), I will send you a list of Illiiirte legions from my copious notes.

Amadi val'Abebi - Monk of Althares
Talathos - choleric Kelekene dabbler

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:21 pm 

Dante wrote:
Mike, if you send me email (not forum message but email), I will send you a list of Illiiirte legions from my copious notes.

Any reason not to post it here for future community reference?

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:50 pm 

Found the thread:

viewtopic.php?p=7936#p7936

I'm sure I posted a link to the yahoogroups BI legion list as well, but it may have been the old forums.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:29 pm 

Since this thread had sparked a bit of discussion I want to raise a related question that just occurred to me. I have a Magnificent Egos figure of a half orc in Lorica Segmentata wielding two gladii. Now we don't have half-orcs in Arcanis now, nor half-hobgoblins neither. So I have retconned my old 3.5 character of Subotai Ironhand (who was a Centurion in the Legion of the Watchful Hunter) into a Dark-Kin. I was going to make this figure his son Severus. But I got to thinking would the son of a Dark-Kin necessarily be a Dark-Kin? The book say's the trait is recessive. Given Subotai's habits I'm sure there's slew of illegitimate kids out there so some were bound to be dark-kin. Severus could have tracked the old man down, got recognized (able to take his name), the joined the legions. As I understand it they are one of the places in the Coryani Empire where dark-kin can gain some level of acceptance. But rather going with the old LOTWH I thought it would be interesting to go for one of the Illiirite legions. Hence my question.

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:45 pm 

Everything I have read suggests that a Dark-kin will NOT always produce a Dark-kin. As such, Dark-kin + Human could = Human (just with the tainted genes which may surface at a later point).

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 7:50 pm 

Recessive does not preclude the child also being a dark-kin.

Lifespan for dark-kin is not specific in the current rulebook, but I recall it being slightly shorter than the human norm.

Allowing 40-50 years between the two campaigns, a grand-child (for a young PC) or a child (for an older PC) is workable. Esp if using the roman model of not marrying until discharge.

I went the older PC route, being a val.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:34 am 

Thanks for the info. Severus is one of (probably, even Subotai couldn't say :) the many kids he has. Dad was quite the hedonist...(reference the old mod "Seventh Sin"--Man I miss Freeport!!) :o :shock: :D So even though the gene is recessive it's still possible for Subotai to sire another Dark Kin. My thoughts is he would have been sired late in Subotai's lifespan and probably met his dad near the end of his life. And I see him as older which would explain how and why he's got the Centurion path. Now since I brought up the path could someone explain why they get Ride and Born in the Saddle? Everything I've read makes me think they have their feet firmly planted on the ground, being heavy infantry and all that.

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:39 pm 

There are two Path options for Centurian.
fficer gives Ride.
Master Tactician is the one for grunts.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 35 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next