Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Module Release Schedule
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:40 pm 

Are there any modules being released for home play in the near future. Been awhile since anything has been run in Portland.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Module Release Schedule
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:31 pm 

To echo Eric's comment of 11 days ago, what is the current status of the mods released at ArcaniCon, Origins, and GenCon? While not expecting the GenCon mods to see the light of day soon, it's reasonable to ask about the rest. Where do we stand? Inquiring minds want to know. ;) Plus there are few mods I want to inflict...uh..run for my local players who can't go to the big cons. Blessed are the Heretics comes to mind... :o :shock: :twisted:

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:39 am 

I want to be clear up front that this is not a rant, but I want to get some facts straight to make sure I am I'm not missing something. First ArcaniCon was almost five months ago, Origins was held at the beginning of May. Yet no mods from those cons have seen the light of day nor do we have any idea what is the status of the mods. As far as I can tell I sent emails to both Tony and Joe a month ago and have had no reply or acknowledgement. I understand people have real world jobs, and demands on their time outside of this campaign. But I (and I'm sure others on this board) work 40+ hour work weeks, have other activities demanding their time (I run and play in between 3 and 5 RP games a week, and deal with other issues in my life. But I still find time to check these boards at least once a day on average and reply back to people within a week. I appreciate all the work the PCI staff does for this campaign and made this clear on both the boards and in person. I started back in this campaign in 2002 so it's not like I'm not in it for the long haul (have a binder full of certs :) o. But the long silences are a killer. Henry sends out updates on the Kickstarter programs and I wish we could get something like that. Just knowing the status of things would help. This mods in editing, this one's in playtest, etc. But nothing....I swear I can hear crickets and see cobwebs. In this age of instant messaging, text messages, and the demand for quick everything....well it's not good. Hate to keep beating the drum but I and others love this game and it needs to be said.

At the moment our local group is playing through some of the Crusade mods with secondary characters. But soon we will be out of things to play, so I am just wondering where things stand.
Thanks!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:59 am 

My understanding in talking to staff in and around Gencon was that at least the Origins and Gencon mods would be available not too long after Gencon. All of the HPs from Origins (mid June not early May) were also available at Gencon, which is why the delay with them. Gencon wrapped up 2 weeks ago, so I wouldn't be surprised to see those mods or at least some subset of those mods available by sometime in September.

As for the Arcanicon mods not sure. I do agree that some additional release of home play mods in the near future would definitely be a good thing.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:16 am 

Haakon_val'Ishi wrote:
I sent emails to both Tony and Joe a month ago and have had no reply or acknowledgement...I still find time to check these boards at least once a day on average and reply back to people within a week.

I'm going to second this. I've also found it concerning that the campaign staff are so silent sometimes. We all realize that real life happens, but it isn't unreasonable to expect a reply from campaign staff within a few days (or at most a week) of a question being asked. Instead, I've seen questions straight out ignored (for instance in the Stat Monkey thread).

I don't think many people would complain about slow module release if there was some communication from campaign staff as to what was being worked on. I know from personal conversations with campaign staff that they work hard on this stuff, but unfortunately they don't do a good job of making people aware of that work (which means many people don't appreciate it).

We've all noticed Henry posting items of interest for Witch Hunter on the forums, it would be nice if we got similar attention for Arcanis (where the bulk of the players are). It isn't that people aren't working hard, the communication just needs to improve.

aka Rurik - Nol Dappan War Priest (Divine 2.3)
aka Karthik - Tultipetan Stonemason (Expert 1.4)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:36 am 

Hello,

The reason why I or the Campaign Staff haven't responded to this thread is because we weren't able to meet last week. We're meeting this week to discuss module release dates, so we'll have information then.

As for me posting more on the Witch Hunter portion of the forum, I post articles or upcoming movie trailers that are germane to that game. There aren't that many that would be of interest for Arcanis players.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:31 pm 

Paul sorry about the mixup on dates, meant to say early June (it was right after Memorial Day) and typed May instead. But you get my point and thanks for replying.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:20 pm 

PCIHenry wrote:
The reason why I or the Campaign Staff haven't responded to this thread is because we weren't able to meet last week. We're meeting this week to discuss module release dates, so we'll have information then.

I think this is exactly the problem though Henry. If two weeks ago when the original question had been asked you (or some staff member) had replied to this effect, we would have known it was getting attention. Instead the question was ignored until people began complaining.

PCIHenry wrote:
As for me posting more on the Witch Hunter portion of the forum, I post articles or upcoming movie trailers that are germane to that game. There aren't that many that would be of interest for Arcanis players.

Yep, that is understood. I think it is cool that you do this for Witch Hunter, but as an Arcanis player who has never had an interest in WH, sometimes I wish we heard a little more frequently what the man behind the curtain was up to. The kickstarter updates are nice, but there is often a lot of time between them, and we rarely hear anything else about what is in the works.

It seems like there is frequently a lot of silence from the campaign staff, I just wanted to point out that a little more communication would be nice.

aka Rurik - Nol Dappan War Priest (Divine 2.3)
aka Karthik - Tultipetan Stonemason (Expert 1.4)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:23 am 

*puts on Jar Jar voice* Ok...my give up. Meesa try to post. Meesa dumb dumb.

Long short of what I attempted to say a couple times now (before my posts were lost to the ether....we, as campaign staff do need to get better at commenting on boards, even if it is to say we are aware of questions/concerns/problems. However, dont assume a lack of response is deliberate ignoring. I missed this thread completely until last Friday when Henry pointed it out to me. I check the boards several times a day, but it is general cursory glances and mostly in the rules forums to check to see if questions need an answer/ruling.

On the original topic, Origins mods are slated to be posted in September. There are some previous mods that we fell behind in posting for a couple of various reasons (editing needs, summer con commitments, etc, but are attempting to rectify asap.

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:41 am 

Hello,

Four adventures should be uploaded to the Campaign site in the next week, followed by the three Origins adventures in September and the Gen Con ones in October.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next