Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Character goals?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:47 am 

well, let's see here:

Tusk, my main character, is not very philosophic at all. he joined the crusades because the knight that controlled his village ordered him to, but that knight is long dead (he died during the march north) and Tusk is kinda in a "now what" phase of his life, in that this is the first time he hasn't had someone standing over his shoulder giving him orders: it's different and confusing, and even more so now that people are looking to him to answer the kinds of questions that adventurers are expected to answer.

as for my secondary character henry, he's struggling with the temptation of power: as an eldritch caster, he has a tremendous amount of power, but he's constantly having to temper that with the knowledge that he can easily become a monster; not (say) an infernal, but something much worse: power without responsibility.

finally, my tertiary character Ethanios is certain of a prophesy that states that the war of retribution is drawing near, but his goal will be to work sideways of that to keep the people of seremas safe (all of them, not just the elorii). Having been a life warden in a previous life, he also worries about the fact that he has no ability this cycle to draw upon the cants (or any real magic, for that matter). in the quiet moments if meditation, he is worried that his soul has become impure or corrupted somehow (not that he would share those concerns with anyone, mind).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:49 am 

My Primary:
Cress val'Tensen Scaeva, Former Tribune of the Soldier, last assigned to the Legio Lex Talonis.

1. Ensure the financial and political security of his family and by extension, all val'Tensens;
2. Ensure the continuation and improvement of the Coryani way of life;
3. Ensure the prosperity and continued dominance of all Mankind.

His clearest path to achieving all his goals is through personal power. Fame and Influence through adventuring seems the only path left open now that his hopes of a Senate seat have been dashed.

He would also love to regain control of his old family villa outside of Grand Coryan.

Bzim - Mildly insane Nol Dappan Dwarf - Brewer of Fish/mushroom Beer and Devout follower of the Goddess Nier.

Last edited by ABHarvester on Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:52 am 

My Secondary:
Denaliss Ansharan, Former Gladiator, now Ansharan Priest.
1. Help the poor.
2. Discredit those uppity Vals that are stuck on their own inflated sense of divinity.
3. Punch bad people in the face.

Bzim - Mildly insane Nol Dappan Dwarf - Brewer of Fish/mushroom Beer and Devout follower of the Goddess Nier.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:00 am 

My Tertiary:
Bzim, Nol Dappan Berserker

1. Take up the Ancestral Mantle of being a Protector of Mankind.
2. Sample every form of brewed or fermented liquid on Onara.
3. Craft the PERFECT ITEM; which is, of course, some form of the above.
4. Beget many fine Dwarven children.
5. Die in holy battle (hopefully) after completing all of the above.

(and, yes, he does speak in a pirate/scot accent) (Sorry, Henry, I just can't help myself... of course maybe it is just a form of his insanity. Bzim does believe Nier is female, after all.)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:03 pm 

Zarovich val Mordane:

As heir to Auxunite Empire, raise an army and take back his ancestral homeland, or at least the capital.

Pretty simple, but might take a while.

oh wait, that is somewhat irrelevant with Neroth's Final Blessing. . .

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1, 2