Last visit was: It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:12 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Religion, Churches, priests, and cants (redux)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:34 pm 
val Holryn wrote:
Suffice it to say, the elori slipped it through by a large amount of horse trading during a very busy summer where Milandesians mostly had other problems. I should also add that Milandir was still part of the MC when this happened.

Huh.
Does that then mean a potential disagreement about it's "spiritual correctness"?
The King isn't also the lord of the Church there, I believe.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:40 pm 

ZCaslar wrote:
val Holryn wrote:
Suffice it to say, the elori slipped it through by a large amount of horse trading during a very busy summer where Milandesians mostly had other problems. I should also add that Milandir was still part of the MC when this happened.

Huh.
Does that then mean a potential disagreement about it's "spiritual correctness"?

Correct. I have no doubt that at least some priests of Milandir doubt its spiritual correctness. However as far as we know Sabinius never had a problem with it. The land was granted by the crown IIRC. Though the elorii temples seem to mostly be on the soil of Duchess of Sylvania. Because Sylvania is the rural backwater of Milandir its possible a lot of people in Tralia and Naeraanth are unaware or too far away to make much trouble.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:02 pm 

val Holryn wrote:
<snip>And Milandir declared war on Canceri...though in the end that didn't stick.

Yeah.... that was disappointing. I worked really hard to make that war happen. The look on people's faces when I bid for it and everyone else realized they didn't have the influence saved to stop me was priceless. :)

Ah well, better story this way I suppose.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:04 pm 
val Holryn wrote:
ZCaslar wrote:
val Holryn wrote:

Huh.

Correct. I have no doubt that at least some priests of Milandir doubt its spiritual correctness. However as far as we know Sabinius never had a problem with it. The land was granted by the crown IIRC. Though the elorii temples seem to mostly be on the soil of Duchess of Sylvania. Because Sylvania is the rural backwater of Milandir its possible a lot of people in Tralia and Naeraanth are unaware or too far away to make much trouble.

Right, plus "Nature Goddess" probably sounds just fine to Matriarchal Saluweans known to buck the crown from time to time.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:26 pm 

Hello,

To be clear, it was ONE temple to Belisarda not temples.

The Duchess had her reasons for allowing the temple to be built there, not the least of which was assistance in clearing the section of the Vastwoods that abuts her territory of the twisted abominations that roamed and raided her homesteads.

These creatures were ostensibly beaten back by Laerestri elorii as no further incursions have been reported in the last decade or so.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:51 pm 
PCIHenry wrote:
Hello,

To be clear, it was ONE temple to Belisarda not temples.

The Duchess had her reasons for allowing the temple to be built there, not the least of which was assistance in clearing the section of the Vastwoods that abuts her territory of the twisted abominations that roamed and raided her homesteads.

These creatures were ostensibly beaten back by Laerestri elorii as no further incursions have been reported in the last decade or so.

Cool.
Let's hear it for community spirit.
Thanks, mate.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3