Last visit was: It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: New Adventures?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:55 pm 

It's been over three months since we last saw something new and those were mods previously seen at Origins (mid year). So effectively we've not had anything new to play for about six months. This is not intended as a rant, but more of a prod. :) Any idea on what we can expect between now and say ArcaniCon? Replaying mods is getting somewhat old. Just sayin'
I understand people have real world jobs and lots of things on their plates, but it's hard to keep the enthusiam up without something to play. Thanks in advance for any response from the PTB.

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: New Adventures?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 2:17 am 

Yeah. More than anything else in our campaign I worry about the lack of mods. I have heard that there are a number of mods in the pipeline but I don't know how far along they are. I know from first hand experience that it takes a couple of boatloads of work to convert an idea into an outline. And an outline into a rough draft. sometimes going from rough to finished draft isn't smooth sailing either. It's very frustrating. I put some effort into getting a Portland Arcanis group at or above 2 tables for a couple of years. But no one has met for a table in several months .... There just isn't anything to play.

I wrote a module "To Die Alone" which premiered at Gencon. It might be released for home play soon.

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:22 am 

Heard good things about that one, Eric. It's the one set in Almeric right? If so I have a character who will definitely want to play that mod.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:35 pm 

Thanks. The feedback I've gotten has been a lot more positive than not on "To Die Alone." So that makes me happy. I wanted to make a module that would play well with the campaigns "replay" option, so it has moving parts that change each time its run based on a fortune card reading in the beginning of the module. I worry a little that it asks a lot of potential judges to juggle extra maps and stat blocks.

I'm not sure Henry is 100% pleased with it either, so I worry a little about that too. I see Almeric in the light of the 30 Years War where social order (political and religious) completely disintegrated over broad swaths of what is now Germany. I haven't talked in depth with Henry but I suspect he wants to do something else, maybe with Chivalry and a hidden true King of destiny based on what I've heard of the Gencon Table that was set in Almeric. Hopefully it passed muster.

I've got two logs currently on the fire and hope to bring one (or both) to completion before the end of 2015. I also hope there are lots of other authors chugging away!

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:56 pm 

I have been told that that Harvesters have access to a few mods which haven't been publicly released, so we may see those soon-ish too.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:02 pm 

I like the intro idea you mentioned Eric. As for yours versus Henry's vision I could see them combined in some fashion. On the other hand now that I think about it, multiple noble houses fighting over who gets to be king sounds an awful lot like Wars of the Roses/Game of Thrones to me, albeit on a smaller geographic scale. However a quest to find the hidden/true king could be fun.

One thing I find I like in mods is a chance to get to know the locals. Had fun with that last Monday when we did Elements of Faith. That's a good mod and kudos to the author Scott Horn. Who would have thought the fighter would win the storytelling and eating contests? :) Always enjoyed contests in mods. Not so big on puzzles, probably because I'm not a math guy. :(

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:35 pm 

Hi all,

I apologize for the delay. I am working on getting the following soft points uploaded onto the PCI site but running into a couple of technical difficulties that I am trying to get rectified":

"To Die Alone" by Eric Gorman
"Purity, Fraternity, and Justice" by Cody Bergman
"In Plain Sight" by Dean Bailey

Once these soft points have been successfully uploaded onto the site, I will notify the forums here ASAP.

Best,

Joe Cirillo

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 6:42 pm 

I don't necessarily have a problem with delayed product but not having any idea of development status is what's frustrating. I may have missed the memo :) but it would be nice to hear from campaign staff. Even if it's only to let us know as you just did Joe that things are in progress. That keeps me happy for a while. But dead silence is not good. Thanks again for the heads up.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:10 pm 

Michael,

Haakon_val'Ishi wrote:
I don't necessarily have a problem with delayed product but not having any idea of development status is what's frustrating. I may have missed the memo :) but it would be nice to hear from campaign staff. Even if it's only to let us know as you just did Joe that things are in progress. That keeps me happy for a while. But dead silence is not good. Thanks again for the heads up.

If you're referring to the Blessed Lands book, I have made monthly updates through the Kickstarter Updates page as well as on this forum. A full product was already released as well as a entire chapter of the book.

What other updates are you looking for?

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:04 pm 

Henry I was not including you. In fact I appreciate all the updates and the hard work that goes into it. It seems though other that that project there hasn't been much said on the boards. Especially about new mods, which drives the campaign forward. I'm in a position to check the forums on a daily basis and it just seems that a lot of times there's not a lot going on. Now maybe I'm just the one willing to say it, but that's the impression I get. In no way was my post meant to slight anyone, just maybe a call to action. There may be a lot going on behind the scenes, a lot of hard work being done, but unless something's said from time to time on the boards (which is our main way of interacting and learning about stuff), it appears that nothing is happening. Hence my post/query. I care a lot about this campaign which is why I stir the pot occasionally. :)

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page 1, 2  Next