Last visit was: It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: List of Arcanis Adventures
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:48 pm 

then why give us the pre bi mods... the bi and prebi should be xp/major reward free... otherwise the balance of the the have and have not becomes too great... i know of someone who got some pretty nice swords from the bi's/ vault...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:52 pm 

The last few BI's (to my knowledge) have not granted any physical rewards to my knowledge for players beyond money and XP. The Vault did allow Heroes to take one item each from the Vault, so I can see a complaint there. Overall I think they are moving away from giving grandiose artefacts from these limited events already, but the whole system is in a state of flux. When you only have 2-3 major events per year, you have fewer options to experiment with getting things just right.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:00 pm 

with the old star wars campaign you'd get a named or different version of the item at cons... pathfinder you sometimes get... a special item only available at the con or a race boon.... really cool are reward sheets that give you some thing special... that would be an idea that i could go with... also there mod they run there are ready for the real world... so no 6 months of conversion... there just not playable outside til after the conseason...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:17 pm 

As someone who has to use the bulk of his tax return every year to be able to afford Origins I can certainly sympathize with those who cannot go to a big con. The flip side to that is if I am spending the time and money to go I expect something beyond just "story time with Uncle Henry." (As great as that is :) ) But I am perfectly fine with xp and gold (and even not that much gold). A BI should reward players with xp commensurate with the effort.

I will say this, as fun and scary as the BI was the two Hard Point mods were in a way far more enlightening and eye-opening. And those do get released to the public. The boss fight in both were 'trippy' to say the least. :o :shock: :twisted:

I'm kinda like Eric on this subject, do whatever gets the most mods released to the general public.

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:45 pm 

Personally, I had more of an issue with the Vault not being available as that is the only time I know of when Legendary items were given out (granted most had some potentially significant drawbacks).

I would like to see all of the BIs from before the cutoff released (iirc, there are 2 still unreleased - one from GenCon that had some sort of issues and another one (ArcaniCon?)).

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:04 pm 

Hello Steve,

wilcoxon wrote:
I would like to see all of the BIs from before the cutoff released (iirc, there are 2 still unreleased - one from GenCon that had some sort of issues and another one (ArcaniCon?)).

If I remember correctly, you previously said that one of the reasons you didn't attend the BIs at the convention is because they were released late for home play, therefore you saw no reason to attend.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:10 pm 

Hello,

RMFIRANEK wrote:
i'm going to gencon again this year so... where's my exclusive... we only gotten one in 4 years...

We've said it for quite a while now - Origins and ArcaniCon are the conventions to attend for special events. Gen Con won't give us the space to run a BI.

So if you don't want to miss out on said special events (next year we hope to have a couple of great ones at Origins), then you should try to attend if possible.

Henry Lopez
President
PCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:13 pm 

It would be nice to attend the big cons but for those of us across the big pond (Australia in my case) it is just not happening

The couple of BIs that we have run/played HP 1-07 and HP1-14 were great, but really if it is a choice between releasing the BIs or 3 or 4 extra mods, I think the mod are the right decision (plus it gives me something to dream and complain about. I will make it back eventually, I think it has been 11 years since I attended origins, maybe 12. )

Melbourne - Australia

Marco val'Sheem - Master Sword Sage
Gwe - Berokene Sailor & KNight of the 12 Oaks
Henrique Gatti- Dark-kin Archeologist

Tos'Koreth - Disciple of Jeggal Sag
Vuran - Tultipet Body Guard

The Axeman (LRC)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 9:03 pm 

10 years for me, (and after doing Ireland last year, probably another 4-5 before I can afford it again).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 10:08 pm 

PCIHenry wrote:
Hello Steve,

wilcoxon wrote:

If I remember correctly, you previously said that one of the reasons you didn't attend the BIs at the convention is because they were released late for home play, therefore you saw no reason to attend.

Yes. I freely admit that was a large part of why I did not attend the BIs at the cons and I don't fault PCI at all for changing the policy (I'd just like to be able to play the ones that were supposed to be released for home play but haven't been). Since the change was announced, I've attended all of the specials I can (I was already attending Origins almost every year so it was just a matter of dedicating more time to playing Arcanis and less to other games while ArcaniCon was something new for me (as long as it stays near Chicago, I should be able to make it almost every year)).

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next