Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject: Re: Buckler and Spellcasting
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:29 pm 

frzntundra4 wrote:
Having full defense/offense availability in addition to casting should have a cost, and a large one at that, imo. This is a prime example of having one's cake and eating it, too.

I am less worried about two-handed weapons. While the weapon is designed to be swung with two hands, anyone capable of doing to effectively can also just hold it with one hand for a short time. A minor adjustment to speed/ctn as the wielder adjusts their handhold seems balanced.

Except that the proposal already addresses that. You don't have full defense/offense. You lose the shield bonus until your next action (and likely have both a CTN and speed penalty).

Quick Hands gives you everything for only +1 speed (no CTN mod).

Harliquinn wrote:
I can understand not allowing it with a tower shield, and maybe the CTN is based upon the SM of the shield : lower SM result in lower CTN adjustments.

I like that idea. Make the CTN mod equal to SM (or possible SB if it is thought SM is slightly too high).

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8