Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:15 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
 Post subject: Re: Talent/Path - Contradictions/Issues
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:47 pm 

SamhainIA wrote:
Harliquinn wrote:
Order of the Inner Demon (Path): Requirements list "Templar of Sarish (pa)" is this supposed to be Templar of Sarish (Ba) or Templar Itinerant of Sarish (pa)?
order of the inner demon, your probably right on that change to the background / paths

I believe the correct requirement is Holy Champion of Sarish (pa)
My reasoning follows:
You can't enter any other advanced Holy Champion path straight from the background.
Every other advanced Holy Champion path requires Holy Champion (pa) first.
Many of the advanced Holy Champion paths allow you to enter using Anointed Priest (pa) except for Anshar and Fire Dragon.
No other advanced Holy Champion paths allow you to enter using Templar Itinerant (pa).
I believe this is intended to take up 4 Tiers worth of paths.
Holy Champion->Initiate->Adept->Master

But I could be wrong because Pedro did answer someone else's question this way.
http://forums.paradigmconcepts.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=617

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 11:42 pm 

I actually got an official answer a while back on this when I asked about it from both the story and rules sides. No, Holy Champion is not meant to be a requirement. From a story perspective, their ages and what not coincide with the starting age of the Templar for a reason. I was told that there are RARE exceptions, however, that include those who join the order later (Templar Itinerant), so John is correct that the Requirement should be Templar of Sarish (Ba) or Templar Itinerant of Sarish (pa).

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:02 am 

SamhainIA wrote:
Quote:
Elementalist (Path): The Master Level (T3 minimum) gives "Elemental Lore" but since it's not retroactive, you only get the benefits of it for T4 and T5 Arcane Spell Casting. So either someone is likely to have this already as an Elemental Caster and it's wasted, or they only get the benefits for 2 tiers.

... elementalist.. your right you only really get the benefit once, perhaps it should be retroactive?

Curious. What decision (if any) ever came of this?

Echo
B-lister, Super Human, Brawler
"Bringing the noise!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:47 pm 

This might be a little late to make it into the errata, but I have a question regarding the War Priest path. It requires either Holy Champion (pa) or Sword Saint (pa). I understand that it is meant to have a martial focus, but I'm curious why Annointed Priest (pa) isn't acceptable.

The intent of the Sword Saint path is to give heroes 'outside the church' a way to get divine training. From a story perspective, it doesn't really fit a priest who is part of the church. I'm using it for my Nol Dappan, but I'm essentially roleplaying it as being an extension of his formal training by the Nierite church.

I realize that this is more of a story question than a rules question (as rules-wise Sword Saint works fine), but it seems to me that there would be no reason why an Annointed Priest of Nier or Hurrian wouldn't gravitate towards War Priest. Was this an oversight, or is there a reason why they were excluded?

aka Rurik - Nol Dappan War Priest (Divine 2.3)
aka Karthik - Tultipetan Stonemason (Expert 1.4)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:56 pm 

SamhainIA wrote:
Quote:
Elementalist (Path): The Master Level (T3 minimum) gives "Elemental Lore" but since it's not retroactive, you only get the benefits of it for T4 and T5 Arcane Spell Casting. So either someone is likely to have this already as an Elemental Caster and it's wasted, or they only get the benefits for 2 tiers.

... elementalist.. your right you only really get the benefit once, perhaps it should be retroactive?

Re-bump from a year ago. Still very curious if any insight has been put toward this Talent.

Echo
B-lister, Super Human, Brawler
"Bringing the noise!"

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 3:39 pm 

Order of the Perfect Union Question:

On the Requirements it states that you must have either Contemplative (ba), Templar of Illiir
(ba), Sword Saint of Illiir (pa), or Initiate Templar of Illiir (pa)

What is the Contemplative Background? I can't find it anywhere in Codex of Heroes or Arcanis book. Maybe something to be brought in later?

Arcanis 5E - Okaliis - Osalikene Ranger / Aefilan val'Assante - Psionic Inquisitor

ARG - Sykaen - Osalikene Martial Laeresti

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 1:38 am 

Harliquinn wrote:
Sarishan Binder (Path): Initiate Level requires either Anointed Priest or Sorcerer-Priest, but Sorcerer-Priest already requires Anointed Priest. Anointed Priest gives "Sense Infernal Taint" and this path also gives it, so it's wasted.

Looking only at the ARPG, the Sarishan Binder prerequisite does seem to be redundant. However, the Oathcrafter path for Encali dwarves (CoH,p.125) makes both of the above points important. Oathcrafter "counts as the Annointed Priest of Sarish in regards to the Sorcerer-Priest of Sarish path." Thus, an Encali with the Oathcrafter path is not immediately eligible to be a Sarishan Binder but is eligible to be a Sorcerer-Priest of Sarish and thereafter a Sarishan Binder, at which point the character might not yet have the Sense Infernal Taint talent.

Amadi val'Abebi - Monk of Althares
Talathos - choleric Kelekene dabbler

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9