Last visit was: It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Talent/Path - Contradictions/Issues
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:45 am 

Harliquinn wrote:
They might also treat it like some paths treat "Eclectic Knowledge". If you have that one you get Encyclopedic Memory instead.

Where is this written?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:32 am 

Both Philosophic Warrior and Knowledge Warden offer that option in their Path description. Encyclopedic Memory has Eclectic Knowledge as a pre-requisite.

Though it appears that Hunter (Infernals) is a prerequisite of Sense Infernal Taint, so my off the cuff thoughts won't apply to that particular talent.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:49 am 

Encali wrote:
Agreed on multiple points.

Specific uses that stack might be worth it, but a great many Talents just aren't worth the investment for an additional +1 free that's situational. I suspect many such Talents will be passed over now.

Maybe not. There are few just general skill talents. And the few that exist aren't granted by a lot of paths. Also the more specific ones are needed in more requirements.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:39 am 

So to put this thread back on it original intent

aside from the saris sense infernal taint ones that have been mentioned

the Sea Lord Path Grants master of the tops, one of the paths that is a possible requirement (anointed priest of Yarris) also grants Master of the Tops

thats all I can find for Paths

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:41 am 

I updated my first post with a LOT of path ones. Feel free to comment on those if you feel they don't qualify.

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:51 am 

Psionic Inquisitor (Path): Maybe I'm missing something, but how can you worship Sarish (an optional requirement) and have Divine Spell Casting instead of Arcane Spell Casting?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:55 am 

Quote:
Altherian Sharpshooter (Path): This gives Weapon Mastery: Flintlock Rifles, but all instances of Weapon Training and Mastery taken normally apply to both Pistols and Rifles. Should this be corrected to be Weapon Mastery: Flintlocks?

Anointed Priest of Althares (Path): This gives Eclectic Knowledge. However, several related backgrounds (Tutor) and Paths (Knowledge Warden) also give Eclectic Knowledge. Some paths (Knowledge Warden) say if you have Eclectic Knowledge you gain Encyclopedic Memory instead and this one should say that also.

Bard (Path): The Master Level of this Path gives "Adaptation: Spell Song" which only applies to Control (Limited to Elder/Psionic Casting) or Divine Wards and Benediction. To cover Eldritch Sorcery (A traditional path for many bards), this should include the Illusion Tradition as well (Both flavor wise and mechanics wise).

Bowman (Path): The Master Level grants "Weapon Mastery: Bow (T4) specifically. It's possible someone may already have T4 when taking this, so it should just give Weapon Mastery: Bow.

Centurion (Path): The Master Tactician Level doesn't require the Officer Level. Is this intentional?

Elementalist (Path): The Master Level (T3 minimum) gives "Elemental Lore" but since it's not retroactive, you only get the benefits of it for T4 and T5 Arcane Spell Casting. So either someone is likely to have this already as an Elemental Caster and it's wasted, or they only get the benefits for 2 tiers.

Fatespinner (Path): The Initiate Level gives "Pull Upon the Strands of Fate" but I can't find that Talent. Also, the Master Level gives Weapon Mastery: War Fan, but Larissa's weapon is Side Sword so it seems an odd choice.

Kio Duelist (Path): The Keeper Level gives "Learn Martial Technique" but doesn't specify it must be a technique usable with the Kio Sword. Is this intentional?

Order of the Inner Demon (Path): Requirements list "Templar of Sarish (pa)" is this supposed to be Templar of Sarish (Ba) or Templar Itinerant of Sarish (pa)?

Sarishan Binder (Path): Initiate Level requires either Anointed Priest or Sorcerer-Priest, but Sorcerer-Priest already requires Anointed Priest. Anointed Priest gives "Sense Infernal Taint" and this path also gives it, so it's wasted.

Sealord (Path): The Initiate Level gives "Master of the Tops" but that is also given by the requirement of "Anointed Priest of Yarris"

John I'll address these one by one
Weapon proficiency, if already taken turns into weapon mastery, weapon mastery is a Tiered Talent, i didn't include any of tiered talents

anointed priest of althares has no requirement that grants eclectic knowledge, therefor its not a wasted talent

bard i said something very similar in another thread

bowman, thats a text change not a functional change, its all potato

centurion, that's an errata question thats not a talent path question

elementalist.. your right you only really get the benefit once, perhaps it should be retroactive?

fatespinner, that talent is in the errata, it got missed for inclusion and the warfan thing well that's a feature, its not wasted its weird, weird things have a story behind them

kio duelist, well if its giving extra things its certainly not wasted, i see no problem with that as its written

order of the inner demon, your probably right on that change to the background / paths

sarishian cluster of paths / yep you got it well defined

Sealord again yep you got it

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 10:57 am 

Quote:
Psionic Inquisitor (Path): Maybe I'm missing something, but how can you worship Sarish (an optional requirement) and have Divine Spell Casting instead of Arcane Spell Casting?

Dual faiths?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:00 am 

SamhainIA wrote:
Quote:

Dual faiths?

That should just be a requirement then :)

John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 11:06 am 

not if its optional let me out line the ways to take this path:

divine caster of illir <easy mode>

Divine caster of ANY other god, and have taken dual faith and chosen Sarish OR Illir
this requires 2.5 fame with the orthodoxy, and already being an anointed priest or Holy Champion

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 87 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next