Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:19 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Multiple Weapon Trainings
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:26 pm 

I understand that (at least during character creation) the second instance of "Weapon Training (Ta)" is upgraded to Weapon Mastery (ta), but what about the third time.

For example, say I wanted to make a Divine Templar of Nier, who then takes the Holy Champion of Nier Path. All three of these grant Weapon Training (Flamberge). Would the third instance simply grant Weapon Mastery T.2 (which wouldn't be useful until Tier 2)?

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: Multiple Weapon Trainings
PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:32 pm 

How do you take a path at Character Creation?

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:43 pm 

No, I was wondering in regards to taking a Path which grants the same talent again. Is it just a lost path? If so, then Nierites are pretty much screwed when it comes to their talents because they will always lose one if they go Divine-Templar-Holy Champion, which seems to go against the intentions of the system.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 7:02 pm 

The rules are clear and you're not screwed:

Paths
If you already possess Weapon Training in a listed weapon you may choose another weapon or choose Weapon Mastery with that weapon instead (or take the next Tier in Weapon Mastery with that particular weapon if you already possess it).

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:07 pm 

The confusion comes from another part that says when you gain Weapon Training from a background you gain weapon mastery tier I, but the ruling is if you gain weapon training and already have it you gain the next tier of weapon mastery you do not have.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:44 pm 

deviknyte wrote:
The confusion comes from another part that says when you gain Weapon Training from a background you gain weapon mastery tier I, but the ruling is if you gain weapon training and already have it you gain the next tier of weapon mastery you do not have.

One rule is for Character Creation (mentioning backgrounds). It says that Weapon Training becomes Weapon Mastery if you have it. There's another rule for Advancement (in the Paths section). It says that Weapon Training repeats become either another Weapon Training (for a different weapon) or the next tier of weapon Mastery

John

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:30 pm 

Harliquinn wrote:
There's another rule for Advancement (in the Paths section). It says that Weapon Training repeats become either another Weapon Training (for a different weapon) or the next tier of weapon Mastery

I'm so glad this is here. I was just looking up this rule for a new Warrior of Eternal Flame build I was making.

This rule is on Page 274 of the ARPG.

Thanks for pointing this out Harliquinn.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey