Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: veneration of Jeggal Sag - What church does this belong
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 12:01 am 

In terms of Jeggal Sag, as a player of a Disciple, I would be quite happy to say to the GM that as long as the caster is not Sethric that I get all the smitey goodness rained down upon me

But.. What about other Sethrics

From the 3.5 days it is mentioned that the respect and veneration of Jeggal Sag is such that Disciples that were Black Talon were allowed to make pilgrims to the site of the sleeping Jeggal Sag without interference (whether this is still the case with the Varn in control is unknown).

But would a worshiper of JS through the Firedragon be subject to smiting by a follower of Kassegore. I would say yes as it appears to be no different to Mother Church vs Milandrir Orthodoxy. Both worship the human pantheon but can smite each other.

Melbourne - Australia

Marco val'Sheem - Master Sword Sage
Gwe - Berokene Sailor & KNight of the 12 Oaks
Henrique Gatti- Dark-kin Archeologist

Tos'Koreth - Disciple of Jeggal Sag
Vuran - Tultipet Body Guard

The Axeman (LRC)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 10:36 pm 

Well...what about the ssethrics?

The Varn are obviously different. Smite away.

The Black Talon "Fire Dragon" (shhh...don't tell anyone!) IS Kassegore! Their priests use the SAME cants as the Emerald Scale clutch and other followers of the Old Faith .... in that sense the fire Dragon is just a special "ad campaign" or "branding" game. I don't don't know if these Ssethrics can smite each other. I agree this is a gray area. Is the difference between Kas in his aspect as the Great Devourer and his aspect as the Honorable Fire Dragon enough to smite? I personally lean no ... but that's just my take. Would love to know what Henry or even the members of BEAST think.

BUT WAIT! The Ashen Hide Ss'ressen also worship the "Fire Dragon," but they believe the F.D is Nier! And the new version of Coils seems to say that they are now being taught Cancereese cants by Nieirites. Even though they both think they are worshipping the God ... I am almost certain they can and do smite each other.

It would be soooo much easier if your PC would just give up on Jeggal Sagg and do the reasonable thing and start worshipping Tzizhet! :P (You would definitely get a cleaner answer of who can smite you!)

AKA Ambassador Tukufu, man of letters, tomb raider and Master Sword Sage
. . . and Sir Szymon val'Holryn, Order of the Phoenix
Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:53 pm 

Hi Eric

But if you are human and you worship Illir as a Coryani you can get smote by a cleric of Illir from the Milandir Orthodoxy, even though you both worship the same god and use the same cants.

Kassagore / Fire-dragon is a step further apart in my opinion.

But you are right. Tzizhet would be much easier. That would be ok with you Henry if we just did that. :twisted:

Melbourne - Australia

Marco val'Sheem - Master Sword Sage
Gwe - Berokene Sailor & KNight of the 12 Oaks
Henrique Gatti- Dark-kin Archeologist

Tos'Koreth - Disciple of Jeggal Sag
Vuran - Tultipet Body Guard

The Axeman (LRC)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 2:33 am 

Taffy wrote:
...snip...But if you are human and you worship Illir as a Coryani you can get smote by a cleric of Illir from the Milandir Orthodoxy, even though you both worship the same god and use the same cants. Kassagore / Fire-dragon is a step further apart in my opinion....

Yes you are absolutely right, and its a strong argument in your favor. But at least in this case, the MOC has adjusted their theology to "demote" Neroth, Nier & Sarish. (PS - good luck arguing that when you face the Judgement of Nier) TMK the Emerald Scales and Black talons embrace the same "Cosmology." Does that make a difference? I don't know. I think maybe yes. I am also biased on this question. My preference would be for the Mother Church and the Milandesian orthodox Church to NOT be allowed to smite each other... but you are correct that the rules clearly go the other way.

Formerly Sir Jaeger val'Holryn. Weilder of the Holy Avenger: Thonanos. Gave his soul to help free King Noen

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 1:35 am 

Found this under the Spell Righteous Edict on page 277 of the 5E Codex. This I think helps answer the matter:

Page 277 of the Codex wrote:
**Jeggal Sag holds a special place in Ssethric religion and in the Black Talon society. Thus, any Disciples of Jeggal Sag will not be considered as “outside their religion or heretical” for the purposes of a spell cast by Black Talon ss’ressen cleric or holy champion.

My opinion: That should also hold true for any ssethric spell casters who also hold the same viewpoint like the Emerald Scale.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1, 2