Last visit was: It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Blessed Lands - Runic Warrior
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:25 am 

That is fair. I don't have my book with me, but I believe in this specific example the talent is no longer limited the first time it is obtained, and then it is granted at each tier of the path. This means if it is first taken at T2, then at T3 the character could take the talent prior to the next tier of the path, legally gaining the talent twice in a single tier. Unless I'm missing something.

aka Rurik - Nol Dappan War Priest (Divine 2.3)
aka Karthik - Tultipetan Stonemason (Expert 1.4)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:37 pm 

A few thoughts:

1. I'd assume this path is more likely for an Expert rather than a Martial, since one of the big benefits of the Martial archetype is the armor talents, which this path doesn't use.

2. With Khitani not playable, and none of the requisite skills showing up in the Dwarven national skills, and Tultipetan racial skills only offering a single Lore skill that you could burn on one of the Knowledge requirements, even with some crafty character building I think you have to plan on at least one of the three requisite skills being at rank 3 upon character creation.

3. With the Expert archetype it is still possible to hit rank 6 in Tier One with a skill at rank 3 at creation. But you'd have to settle for taking the Path relatively late in the Tier.

Definitely some hurdles and min-maxing you have to get past in order to get the full benefit from this talent/path; I think you'd have to do some serious thinking to determine if it's worth it for the character you're trying to build.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:44 pm 

Of course, the hurdles are mostly in Tier One; the latter tiers are pretty straight forward.

IMHO, the biggest benefit to this path is getting the Iron Skin; that's a huge savings in money compared to buying comparable armor, and even with exceptional armor you'd still have encumbrance, plus this path gets you the legendary rune slot at Tier 5.

Just my two coppers. Which I likely stole. Probably from some Coryani or another...

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 5:23 pm 

acurrier wrote:
That is fair. I don't have my book with me, but I believe in this specific example the talent is no longer limited the first time it is obtained, and then it is granted at each tier of the path. This means if it is first taken at T2, then at T3 the character could take the talent prior to the next tier of the path, legally gaining the talent twice in a single tier. Unless I'm missing something.

Its the same issue for Verdant Champion (pa), but is even worse, as the earliest you can get in is T3. So: T3: Path; T4, Talent then Path; T5, Talent then Path.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1, 2