Last visit was: It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Asked & Answered-origins 2015 Edition!
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:19 am 

Nierite wrote:
My question about Rigtheousness, though, is can you adapt the Deity-specific bonus for higher values? It does not specify that you CANNOT like Benediction of the Gods does, but it does reference that other spell for details so I find it a bit unclear.

I'm nobody official but, to me, it's seems pretty clear that you still can not adapt the Deity-specific bonus (because it references Benediction for the details).

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2015 3:24 pm 

The Vault wrote:
Quote:
Righteousness:
You gain the benefits of Benediction on a Hero, Benediction on a Weapon, and Benediction on Armor. ...

Quote:
Benediction on a Hero: The spell bestows upon the Hero the blessing of +1 to all Might Action and Damage rolls.

Benediction on a Weapon: The spell bestows upon the weapon the blessing of +1 to all Damage rolls made with that weapon.

This seems pretty clear. The damage does not stack. But the Hero Benediction means if you switch to a secondary weapon, you still receive the +1 damage (it doesn't say it's only for attacks that use Might for damage) also the +1 Might can be used for things like Athletic Skill rolls.

To anyone who says "but what's the point of having Benediction on a Weapon if it doesn't stack?"
The answer lies in the rest of the spells.

Quote:
You may, at your discretion, replace one of the three benedictions above with your Deity's benediction.

Keep Hero and Armor replace Weapon.

Which makes sense, for most other Deities - Hurrian's bonus is a greater version of the regular Hero Benediction, that eventually becomes mute with adaptation of the spell for greater bonuses, hence my inquire into the differences.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:45 pm 

So, are there going to be any official (or at least official-sounding) answers to this thread?

aka Rurik - Nol Dappan War Priest (Divine 2.3)
aka Karthik - Tultipetan Stonemason (Expert 1.4)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 4:46 pm 

yes, indeed. i am currently working on the answers. but, i am finalizing the T3 critters right now. you should expect something friday or saturday (barring hiccups).

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2015 10:31 pm 

Rules Answers
1. If you have that running and throw a ranged weapon, is the start of the throw up to 15' from your actual square per the second part of the effect?

A: Ranged attacks originate from the square your character is in. Essential, Extendable Limbs gives you 15’ reach for melee attacks and other skills (such as opening a lock)

2. The weapon trick Steel Rain allows you to throw a dagger at every target within 20' of you. Does this become a 35' radius effect (15' start point of throw + 20' for the effect)? As something to consider, the Deadly Accuracy talent extends the range of ranged attacks by 30', so it's already possible to have a 50' radius effect regardless of the wording above.

A: Again, Ranged attacks originate from your square, so Steel Rain is still only 20’ from you, not your reach point. Additionally, we have decided that the maximum range for weapons with the Thrown quality is double their listed range. Treat anything beyond their listed range up to their maximum as a second range increment.

3. Speaking of Steel Rain the special notes: "If you also possess the Quick Draw Talent, drawing the daggers for this maneuver is considered part of the maneuver and does not increase the speed of the maneuver." If you don't have quick draw, what is the speed added, and is it a flat 1 or 2 or is it per dagger used?

The question on speed with that special needs to be clarified for Twin Throw as well which is the Tier II weapon trick.

A: If you do not possess Quick Draw, then the Weapons need readied as normal (a Speed 2 action).

4. If you have air runes on the daggers and more daggers than hands free, what happens? Example: I've got Twin Throw and 2 daggers with the air rune. In my off-hand I've got a shield. Both daggers come back. Does one get dropped at my feet? Can I catch 2? What if using Steel Rain I've got 3 or more daggers? What happens then? I could see catching two but not being able to attack with that hand until one is dropped or sheathed. I could also see any more than the number of hands free simple drop to the ground.

A: You may catch one dagger for each free hand. Any additional daggers drop at your feet.

5. With Righteousness, what is the difference between the Hero and Weapon benedictions it grants from Benediction of the Gods? The Hero Benediction seems to overlap/override the Weapon Benediction:

A: Generally speaking, Righteousness at first glance seems to be redundant with Benediction of Hero and Weapon. However, as noted in the diety specific adaptation, the diety benedictions are cast on the Hero. As such, with Righteousness, you may gain your Diety Benediction or the generic Benediction of Hero, as well as Weapon Benediction, and Armor Benediction.

6. Righteousness-can you adapt the Deity-specific bonus for higher values?

A: No

7. Elemental Lore-Was this Talent intended to work just for one tier only?

A: It is not retroactive and, after gaining (assuming you take Master Elementalist at Tier 3), you gain the benefit of it when you take Tier 4 and 5 of Arcane Spell Casting. It, essentially, gives you the effect of Learn Spell Talent twice, once at Tier 4 and once at Tier 5.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 8:10 am 

mighty28 wrote:
Rules Answers
<snip>
3. Speaking of Steel Rain the special notes: "If you also possess the Quick Draw Talent, drawing the daggers for this maneuver is considered part of the maneuver and does not increase the speed of the maneuver." If you don't have quick draw, what is the speed added, and is it a flat 1 or 2 or is it per dagger used?

The question on speed with that special needs to be clarified for Twin Throw as well which is the Tier II weapon trick.

A: If you do not possess Quick Draw, then the Weapons need readied as normal (a Speed 2 action).
<snip>

Are you saying that each dagger needs to be readied as a speed 2 action or that to ready weapons it's a speed 2? I'm guessing the later, but want to confirm.

Darken the Sky which lets you hit every target with a bow within 120' doesn't require quickdraw and is a total speed of +3(6).

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 10:16 am 

Hat wrote:

Are you saying that each dagger needs to be readied as a speed 2 action or that to ready weapons it's a speed 2? I'm guessing the later, but want to confirm.

Darken the Sky which lets you hit every target with a bow within 120' doesn't require quickdraw and is a total speed of +3(6).

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

If you have Quick Draw, you do not have to one out when using this maneuver. (You just start and keep grabbing and throwing). If you do NOT have Quick Draw and have no readied Dagger, you must ready a dagger before using this maneuver. Additional daggers then get drawn and thrown for free.

I hope this makes sense now in regards o Darken the Sky. The archer needs to have a readied bow. (BTW...darken the Sky is 3 targets per Tier, not all Targets within 120')

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2015 3:39 pm 

mighty28 wrote:
7. Elemental Lore-Was this Talent intended to work just for one tier only?

A: It is not retroactive and, after gaining (assuming you take Master Elementalist at Tier 3), you gain the benefit of it when you take Tier 4 and 5 of Arcane Spell Casting. It, essentially, gives you the effect of Learn Spell Talent twice, once at Tier 4 and once at Tier 5.

Thanks for this response. I am rather stunned that one will have to wait to reap the benefits of this talent one tier later than get immediately. Something akin to: "Upon first acquiring this Talent, and each time you take the Arcane Spell Casting Talent, you learn an additional Elemental Tradition Spell." would have been very nice for this Talent.

Echo
B-lister, Super Human, Brawler
"Bringing the noise!"

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 18 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1, 2