Last visit was: It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Arcanis_FAQ_&_Eratta_v4.3!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:27 pm 

What about if you get AP: deity twice? It's not light/medium/heavy but it's not really a specific armor either. For instance, Divine / Initiate to the Divine Trinity would give you all chain armors twice. The one that does work is human unarmored deity (since Masterful Defense is tiered).

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:36 am 

wilcoxon wrote:
What about if you get AP: deity twice? It's not light/medium/heavy but it's not really a specific armor either. For instance, Divine / Initiate to the Divine Trinity would give you all chain armors twice. The one that does work is human unarmored deity (since Masterful Defense is tiered).

I'm not sure if getting AP: Deity twice for Masterful Defense automatically gives you the next Tier (You obviously couldn't use it until Tier 2 regardless, though). That might be a question requiring an official interpretation. Getting AP: Deity twice for other deities would be essentially 'unused' since the other deity armors are all "Any X" where X is usually a 'type' or 'Heavy' already.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:12 pm 

AP: Deity (Masterful Defence) would stack up, as its a Tiered talent (as noted, its inactive until you reach the higher Tier.)

One of the few times the Archetype/Background/Path isn't wasted when Divine.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:51 pm 

I was guessing that's how AP: Deity would work but I highly dislike it. It's yet another reason I will avoid Divine if at all possible (Divine is by far the worst archetype even before taking this into account imnsho).

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2016 10:00 pm 

Well my primary is a divine archetype and so far I'm happy with what I have and get no complaints at the table when I'm dishing out healing, castigating the unrighteous and laying the smack down on the undead. :D But I went into this with the intention of making Haakon the best divine caster I could and so far it seems to be working.

Haakon val'Ishi, Beltinian Exorcist 2.7 [Divine]
Ursula val'Holryn, Grand Master of the Tralian Hammer 2.2 [Martial]
Arun of Tultipet, Holy Champion of Neroth 1.10 [Expert]
Rikitsa val'Holryn, Psion 1.9 [Arcane]

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 8:02 pm 

i have a question about the blessed devotions potency talent.

is the passive resolve damage given during the duration of an entire spell (for example flaying darkness duration scene)or only one attack made with flaying darkness?

thanks for any help

Smolder

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:34 pm 

pipsterhp wrote:
is the passive resolve damage given during the duration of an entire spell (for example flaying darkness duration scene) or only one attack made with flaying darkness?

Its part of the spell, so every 6 ticks when the damage from Flaying Darkness (sp) is applied, you gain pRe to that damage roll.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 9:12 am 

Southernskies wrote:
pipsterhp wrote:
is the passive resolve damage given during the duration of an entire spell (for example flaying darkness duration scene) or only one attack made with flaying darkness?

Its part of the spell, so every 6 ticks when the damage from Flaying Darkness (sp) is applied, you gain pRe to that damage roll.

So when it comes to stacking bonuses does blessed devotions count as a bonus from talents or a bonus from the spell since its applied as an adaptation?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 10:48 am 

Blessed Devotions is not an Adaptation, as applying the bonus does not alter the Speed, Strain, or CTN of the spell. The talent says it can be applied LIKE Adaptations, but it is not an Adaptation as it doesn't have the Adaptation notation in it. It is a simple Once per Scene (in the case of Potency) static Talent bonus.

As to how long it works, Blessed Devotions: Devotion of Potency is a Once Per Scene ability, so you cannot gain the benefits of its bonus more than once per scene.

Haakon Marcus val'Virdan, Divine Holy Judge of Nier
Ruma val'Vasik, Martial Crusader and Master of the Spear
Jorma Osterman, Arcane Coryani Battlemage

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 9:30 pm 

Yhing Hir Horse Lord Path (pg. 300 of the main rule book) and possible contradiction/redundancy.

Pardon if this has already been addressed previously, as I did not find any relevant info regarding this subject during my search or in the Errata.

The path has the requirements of having the Talents: Born in the Saddle and Loyal Companion. The Path then grants you the Talents: Loyal Companion (which stacks as it is a tiered Talent) and Animal Affinity.

Here is where I see the contradiction/redundancy: Animal Affinity is not a tiered Talent. Additionally, it is a prerequisite for the Talent: Loyal Companion (which is a prerequisite to access this Path). By the time one gains access to this Path, they will have obtained Animal Affinity twice (once for meeting the prerequisite of Loyal Companion, and a second time for gaining this Path) at which point does nothing. Was this redundancy done deliberately or did this slip through the cracks?

Echo
B-lister, Super Human, Brawler
"Bringing the noise!"

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next