Last visit was: It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Re: Rules questions arising from Tyrfang
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:15 am 

I agree with Scott and Josh. I wouldn't let Fate be used to get around the curse. I'd also love to be the GM for that dialog. :)

One thing that might be worth doing given that there are several characters that ended up with the item is to post different talents, spells and skill uses that could be picked up to make effective use of that time that are in keeping with that idea. Consider the use of the spell "Advantageous Position" (Tier 2 Transformation) Normally this would be used to get a melee combatant into position to attack. You could use it to move your character in the way of the enemy, protecting a comrade or innocent and going full defensive.

If the owner is a divine spell caster, I would expect that Benediction of the Gods used to boost a target's defenses would be considered ok, be that AR or Avoidance.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:53 am 

I would not try to use a Fate point to overcome the curse, I would use Fate to help me (or another) survive through the 12 ticks.

Here is a list of things that I either have done, or have plan to do with the 12 ticks:

1) Offered them an opportunity to flee or surrender.
2) Cast a diminish fatigue
3) Stood over the body of a fallen ally to prevent coup-de-grace.
4) Cast ward of shielding.
5) Used dedicated defender
6) Used a talent to take damage from another.
7) Gone total defense
8) Made an acrobatics roll to roll through the enemy to a innocent person being threatened.
9) Challenged the leader of the enemy to individual combat

There is a lot of opportunity to role play this, have some fun, and still be constrained by the curse.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 1:24 pm 

SamhainIA wrote:
and James and Scott have outlined perfectly why one reason that use of fate went away, lol

That's the beauty of having a GM is that they can always say yes or no to a Fate point use.

John

Kelb'Bakari Masalio, Dark-kin Altherian Corsair, Gentleman Archaeologist, and Wandering Bard
"The highest compliment an Altherian can pay you is to shoot you with his flintlock. It means you were worth the expense."

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 8:35 am 

Tyrfang at the Battle Interactive,

The language for Tyrfang says "At the beginning of every combat.." What marks the end of one combat and the beginning of another?

We have had numerous BI's in the past where the scene consisted of multiple waves of enemies and we had to survive. Is each wave a new combat that requires multiple 12 tick wait periods or is it one combat with three phases.

I guess I can live with each scene being reset and even any time we are given the opportunity to heal up out of combat, but being required to repeat the wait period when we are not given the opportunity to heal up to me is unreasonable. If the party is not permitted to recharge out of combat, then to me that says it is one combat.

Can someone give me an official ruling on this so I know how to play the BI?

Thanks.

Jeff

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:20 am 

jwboyce1957 wrote:
Tyrfang at the Battle Interactive,

The language for Tyrfang says "At the beginning of every combat.." What marks the end of one combat and the beginning of another?<snip>

Can someone give me an official ruling on this so I know how to play the BI?

Jeff,

I'm not sure how much the staff is checking or posting to the forums. I'd recommend finding Tony on site to confirm how he wants it played.

With a sweep of his hat,

Paul

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2014 11:45 pm 

Personally, I would try to rule it from a stor perspective. Each round, you would need to wait the 12 Ticks. After that, I think Tyrfang is smart enough to realize that the approaching reserves are not going to surrender and will let you act. However, I think it would be best to appeal to it's nature and at least offer a chance to surrender.

-general creator of mayhem and discord
-Exceptional quality PCI Minion and indentured servant
-Lord of the Hummingbirds

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:02 pm 

They were pretty generous at the BI. The last 3-4 scenes (prior to the final scene) were all considered a single combat so no delays required for Tyrfang.

Eryk Bauer - Martial Awakened 1.2

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 27 posts ]  Moderators: james.zwiers, PCI Eric, PCI_StatMonkey Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3